Well, no joy in mudville.

The only difference is that I now read 10v across sig term 4 and ground vs. the 18 that was there.

frown

Looks like it's going to be Sam to the rescue...! Although I am on your side of the fence with this card... my gut keeps telling me that something is missing that is unrelated to the card; but I've practically memorized the manual; combining this with all the suggestions you and others have made makes me think there can't possibly be any more configuring to do. The card doesn't have any obvious signs of damage (i.e. burnt resitors or leaking capacitors); and as I've said, it does click when pressing the keyset buttons (in my mind if a relay is clicking, the card is good; I would think all the IC's and associated circuitry are for decoding the signal from the keyset, and the relays do the work of passing the voltage on to the option punchdowns).

I bought the KSU on ebay about 2 years ago, it came with 5 line cards and this intercom card. I pulled the intercom card and it's been sitting on a shelf until this past week; so I have no way of knowing it's particular history. It's just that they seemed to build these things so rock solid that I'm hesitant to blame a card.

I guess my next step could be to pull the back off the KSU, and examine the backplane wiring. That's going to be a lot of work though.... I have the thing mounted pretty securely and I'm also not real keen on the idea of pulling my keysets off (I wire directly to the unit).

Or maybe some of the contacts in the option slot aren't making good contact with the board. One thing I havn't done is to clean them with an alhohol pad; maybe I'll try that.