Taken from Wikipedia:

"Each of the keyset cables was usually run back to the wiring closet, or whatever central location where the KSU had been installed, and terminated on a connection device known as a 66 block or punch block. The blocks most often used to terminate these station cables were the type 66M1-50. Each of these blocks could accept two 25-pair cables (50 pairs, total) for termination.

Cross-connect wire jumpers, consisting of three twisted pairs (the six wires referenced above) would then be run between these blocks and the larger distribution connecting blocks within the KSU."

Could anyone tell me a little about this?

This may be a completely stupid question, but since I'm only hooking up two lines (red/green, yellow/black), would I need a 66-Block?

If I'm understanding correctly, I punch my two live pairs into some block (could make a little one myself), and then run jumper wires for the two lines from the punch block to the internal block in the KSU?

Sorry, I don't think I'm making much sense (it's 5 a.m.!), oK, so is this how it works:

The actual 564 amp connectors terminate either directly on the KSU, or via an extension cable? And then I would need to run jumper wires from the KSU's block to another block which will contain my terminated home lines?

Sorry about all the questions!