SN2,

You have presented a stumper. If one phone is working, it should be a case of one of these things is not like the other one. The fact that you can log in a phone via the ACD software indicates this is not a network issue are an ACD Admin setup issue. It sure looks like you are 99.9% there.

In Oaisys Net Server Lvl 2OAI services, (you might have to right click on LVL2OAI then left click on show services) under the Devices tab look at the fields for the keys on the working phone. Under Login/Log out there will be a number corresponding to the key that has been programmed onto the phone. Any phone that needs login/logout features needs to have the button number programmed into this field.

You can actually press the "Synch table with switch button" and the system should populate the fields.

The only time I have ever had keys not work is when this step was not taken. Sometimes I would rush and forget this and have the same problem you are having until that particular brain cell fired off.

When you log into the ACD administrator software as a NetServer editor, the first screen you see when logging in with successful credentials will show how many licenses are used vs. available. I believe out of the box licensing allows for 10 basic agents. ~ Mike

Michael Meyer