Originally Posted by pvj
You would need to put a mw505 key on the keyset(s) where you want to see the messages.Yes the light will flash and show messages on the sets.

Excellent, that helps. Thank you.

Or you could autoforward the message in mailbox 505 to one of the extensions mailboxes.That would require you connecting a pc to the voicemail system and a little programming.
Despite having an ancient bare-bones Windows XP laptop with a working serial port that I've used successfully for other old electronics that require such communication, I couldn't get any love with the OfficeServ Manager program -- it just wouldn't connect -- I tried both DB9 ports on the SIO3 board, but couldn't get anything -- not even any garbage in HyperTerminal, even while power cycling the system. I'm just helping out a friend as a favor to him, so I'm going to try and go for the simplest working method since I can't get my PC to connect, which leads to...

To be honest it sounds like you had it working when you set the next port to 509 with the line ringing the 505 group.You said it went to say a 505 box but there wasn't one.Maybe there was and it was just playing the default greeting?

I think you're right, and I was unclear. Even though to the best of my knowledge a 505 box wasn't previously configured on the system (I picked calling group 505 since there wasn't previously anything assigned to it), the VM was picking up unanswered calls with that configuration and saying that the party at extension 505 was unavailable. For lack of knowledge on how the system worked, I was saying that there wasn't a 505 box since one had never been set up. Maybe it's enabled by default?

Once I assign the mw505 key on the keyset, will that allow me to configure a custom greeting for box 505 if I log in as the end-user with a password of 0000? Is there any other configuration I need to do from the technician level to make that work? My ignorance of the system is showing, obviously, but I have no idea how the VM system gets setup.

I apologize for all the questions, but I want to have my ducks in a row for the next time I go out on site to try and get this thing working the way they want it, which will be in a few days.

Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated. clap