i believe the system will handle the call as voice call not hearing a cng tone.

The PII does not detect CNG tones so it has no way of knowing that it is a fax call. You either have to set up a dedicated line that will ring only the fax extension (if you want to use the line also for outgoing voice calls) or manually transfer the call to the fax extension when you pick up a ringing line and hear the CNG tone. Partner Messaging, PMVS or an ASA/DXD card will do this automatically (with ACS R.3 or later) but not any Partner system by itself.

I wouldn't even make x27 a fax extension(#601). The Partner system uses an obsolete "fax management system" that is supposed to tell you when the fax machine is out of paper. Exactly how this is supposed to work has always been a great mystery. I remember looking into this many years ago and I believe there were proprietary fax machines made also by AT&T that would communicate this information. That's not going to happen today.

Do what KENB says, assign line 5 to x27 (Line Assignments #301). You can assign it to other extensions if you want to mak outgoing calls on it. Make sure no other lines are assigned to x27 though.

Now, make line 5 ring only on x27. (central telephone program) Immediate ring on x27, no ring on any others.

You should be able to intercom x27 and have the fax pick up. When a call comes in on line 5 it should not ring anywhere and be picked up by the fax. The line 5 button on any extension that you have it on will indicate ringing then go steady red when the fax machine picks up.

And, yes, I would set the ring count on the fax machine to 1 ring also. No sense in allowing the line to ring more than that.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.