web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Standalone ACS 308 was mounted to drywall horizontally. I removed it and black smoke was on the wall near the ground screw.
Customer has the Remote access/ backup restore card and a PC large voice mail card.
Anyway calls are being interuppted.

How do I initiate the backup of messages greetings, etc. before I pull PC vm card out of old processor?

If I get another ACS 308, and install the existing Remote/ backup and PC large voice mail cards, what is the procedure to upload the info?

Can I just do a 125 restore for the backup card?

What about uploading the PC Large VM card?

Thank you all in advance

Telesystems technician
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
At this stage, you might be hard pressed to locate another Partner ACS R3 processor, but if you do, you could use #125 to transfer the programming to the replacement processor (hoping that the latest configuration is saved on the PCMCIA).

I would suggest going with an R6 (for a direct 3x8) or R8 (for the final release) and reprogram from scratch.

There is no backup/restore function for the Partner Voice Messaging per-se.

I Love FEATURE 00
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
ACS is simple enough 15-20 min to program one from scratch

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
How do I initiate the backup of messages greetings, etc. before I pull PC vm card out of old processor?

You don't. They are all on the card.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
"Was mounted to drywall"
That's a big no-no, but I've seen some slammer jobs like that myself.
And yeah, there will usually be darkened spots on the drywall around the top vents in this case.

When you say "calls are being interuppted", what exactly do you mean?

Anyway, if you want to upgrade the ole R.3 to a R.6 and pull the translations off of the B/U card (if the installer did a B/U) to reload to the new R.6.
Flash the R.3 to a R.6, pull down a B/U then restore it to your new R.6.

Good Luck!

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
When you say "calls are being interuppted", what exactly do you mean?

When those things are in a hot ambient >85 deg they become unstable and do unpredictable things. I've seen all buttons lit on some extensions and not being able to make calls. Cool it down and the problem goes away.

"Was mounted to drywall"
That's a big no-no, but I've seen some slammer jobs like that myself.
And yeah, there will usually be darkened spots on the drywall around the top vents in this case.

The problem here is that it was mounted HORIZONTALLY, that's why it was overheating. A standalone is made to be mounted to a wall with two screws but it absolutely must to be mounted vertically. For proper operation the airflow must flow into the bottom slots and out the top where the hot power supply is. Further, the ventilation slots must not be blocked so don't lean it against a wall sitting on a shelf for instance. Leave plenty of room around it and don't locate it in a hot (greater than 85 deg) location to begin with.

For even better cooling stick it in a 5 slot carrier and leave the cover off but that's kind of overkill if you never intend to go beyond the one module.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
LOL!
Hal, I have actually walked in and found them laying horizontally on a shelf in the data rack and the customer wondering why they are having issues.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Hal, I have actually walked in and found them laying horizontally on a shelf in the data rack...

Takes up too much room in the rack otherwise. Besides, everything else works that way. Friggin' CGs!

-Hal

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Originally posted by mdaniel:
LOL!
Hal, I have actually walked in and found them laying horizontally on a shelf in the data rack and the customer wondering why they are having issues.
oh..I can do better than that..found one stuffed up into the drop ceiling... I told them I didnt think the ACS was plenum rated... :rofl:

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
OP Offline
mdaniel I am unsure how to flash R# to R^. I ran the backup numerous times, because before I re-oriented ACS, it kept going down during the backup. I talke to customer today and it has been OK for the last few days.

Telesystems technician
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,808 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, BobRobert), 140 guests, and 418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024