web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#101527 03/23/12 01:56 PM
OP Offline
This 7.0.27 is doing some weird things. First, when I turned off some voicemail boxes and uploaded the config, somehow the destination for 200 Main was set to dialin. I never touched it. So all incoming calls got the modem. The monitor app crashes constantly and on any PC I have it running on be it W7 or XP. One user seems to have a weird issue with button programming. Part of her buttons come from Default and part from a custom profile I made. I discovered I need to change some buttons for her on her own profile and some on default. I am getting worried about this rev. Also, under button programming for Default it actually added two line appearance D buttons instead of the D and E I tried to add. Does it have a rep for being unstable? Never hads this issue with 4.1 or 5.0. Can I upgrade to 8 - I seem to recall reading there is a window after purchase to upgrade to 8 for free.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
We haven't had any issues with 7(27).
Did you do a default and loaded your config to your bench system before going to customer site?

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
Yes. This was a new in the box unit installed on Monday after a burn-in and evaluation of 3 days. Manager was crashing all over the place even at that time. I wrote monitor in the original message but I meant manager. The install went smoothly with no issues until now. This one was delivered with 7(5) so I did the 7(27) upgrade. Unlike the last time, this upgrade only took about 20 minutes compared to 2 hours on my bench unit. I'm a bit concerned about that. That's why I am considering a upgrade to 8 if they are entitled. Also, somebody said they had to brn a new SD image to fix their 7(27) system.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
I haven/'t seen any problems with this verison. Are you running Win 7 or Win 7 pro.

OP Offline
Both XP and W7 Pro. Also Server 2003. Manager crashes on all of them with annoying frequency. I am not having trouble with the bench unit but then it has only two phones. I just worry about that upgrade that went so fast compared to the bench unit.

Jack what manager release do you have on your PC, Also are you using user rights to set your button programing?

Definition of an I.T. expert: A Person with the telephone number of the Person with the answer.
OP Offline
Manager is 9(27). Yes, using user right for buttons. Here is what I discovered you *cannot* do: do not cut and paste buttons between profiles. I had built the default profile with 16 buttons. I made a special profile for receptionist. I cut and pasted some of the buttons from default to reception and that is what caused the issue there. Bugz! Now another weird thing, even thougfh some users have voicemail disabled, voicemail still picks up on their extensions.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,761
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,433 Shoretel
188,226 CTX100 install
187,071 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (EV607797, Toner), 85 guests, and 117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024