web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I'm a PBX tech who just moved into the CO. I have an end user who has a Mitel LW 19 PBX. We are changing his T-1 to a PRI. We can make and recive 10 digit calls. When we do 1+ dialing the PRI rejects the call. As a test, I installed a Nortel 0X32 onto the PRI. I had no failures. The PRI is configured for NI-2. The last time I worked on a Mitel it was a LW 15 so I don't know what options are availible on the LW 19. Any advise would be welcom.

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

just go into form 22 and set up a modified digit entry to strip the 1. If all other calls are routing then this should be all you need to do. (I assume you were talking about 1+ dialing OUT of the Mitel)

OP Offline
Hey Dane thanks for responding. Not really the issue. The Tech on site said he's removing 1, dropping 9. The 1 + area code should be going out. If I dail 10 digits ie 610-XXX-XXXX the call routes. When we do 9-1-XXX-XXX-XXXX the PRI rejects the call. This seems to be an issue between our DMS-100 using NI-2 and the Mitel. We're confused because I can put a Nortel 0X32 on the PRI and the call routes good. It seems to be a protical issues but we can't seem to find the trouble. We can't seem to find why the Nortel protical works but Mitel doesn't. I'm limited to the options avalible on the Norstar and I don't know anything about the LW 19. It shouldn't be a modified digits issue, do you know of any PRI protical issues. My swithch man made mention of a protical in the DMS called AIN

Have him insert "000" (cbc code), after deleting the "9".
He didn't enable that option on the PRI card, but he can do it through ARS.
We're also in PA, so have him call us if you need more help!!

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Phone guy, I think you may have misunderstood Dane. I think he means drop the '9' used for trunk/ARS access AND the '1' used for LD. Resulting in 10 digits total going out on PRI. John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
That's what I meant. I felt since 10 digits were routing properly it seemed that simply getting rid of the 1 should do the trick.

Gee, I love it when I'm right! And Dane's point is valid, if you can fix it, don't harass the carrier. Guaranteed they'll hose it up even worse trying to get it right! John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to be setting up a vendor meet for this week. I'll let you guys know what resolves the issues. Have a good one.

OP Offline
issues resolved, The Mitel PBX had to change it's protical to 5ESS. The Mitel saw our DMS 100 as 5ESS. NI-2

Thanks for the help

Thanks for letting us know how it was resolved. Just out of curiosity did you try stripping the leading 1 ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 159 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024