web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Only that I know of.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well if you can hear tone generated on the trunk then it should be working. I know - duh - obvious) but you should try a regular LD (if LD are going out over the same T1)to a VM or Auto Attendant somewhere (and if you need a number I can give you one) to see if it works. If it doesn't work on a regular long distance call you should then check the trunk circuit descriptor to see if there is anything in there that might be causing a problem. last resort when you are on site call a tech from the provider and see if they can hear the tone in the test center. Some providers have problems when they are routing toll free calls.

OP Offline
I will try the LD call and see what I find.
Thanks for everyones help with this issue.

OP Offline
Dane, can you give me one of the LD numbers to try?
Thanks

PM sent

Hey, I think I remember someone having a problem like this, that turned out to be a problem in the Trunk Descriptor Options. One of them specifies DTMF, and may not be turned on by default.

Don't think the trunk descriptor should make any difference because once the call is routed out and the receiver drops off the specific telephone set is generating the tones and you would probably have to be living in Bolivia somewhere to get a line that wouldn't transmit touch tone.

Wait, sorry, in that particular issue, nothing was getting outpulsed. Never mind.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Harrisontech hasn't checked in for 10 days. Wonder what the latest is. And I wonder if he chased down the number(s) that were a problem and discovered it was 1 destination, possibly with more than 1 '800' number. Even if it's intermittent, if it's only 1 destination, they can have 1 bad DTMF decoder. Been there, and didn't think about it until the newbie started asking, WHAT ARE THE 800 NUMBERS?! DUH, did I feel stupid. Always remember, the customer will always tell you what they perceive to be wrong, but probably not what they perceive to be right! John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
I apologize that I'm just now responding. Their are several 800 numbers that they are calling that don't recognize the DTMF. I've had the phone company working to see if the problem is on their end. Since then the hard drive has crashed on this system and has just been replaced. Maybe hard drive problems was causing this issue. I'm going to see if the problem still exist. I will check back in and let you guys know what I've found.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024