Originally posted by ev607797:
How true, Mike:

In my experience, <<snip>>
Edited for post length.

Ed, I hope to work for you in my next job, if that happens. This is how I want my current employer and my future employer to treat me.

In return, I promise to find my replacement and train him/her. I feel that is a fair agreement.

I was brought in and taught by a guy that was with the Bell company 20yrs before anyone knew Judge Brown. He taught me the old Bell way, and by damn, I will continue it.

I do want to ask the original poster if he will let us know the age of the betrayer. I am just asking for my own personal prejudice.

Thanks,
Scott

Edit to add: Sorry to necropost. I don't look at the dates on posts, but it was at the top so I get a pass. Micheal you seem to be for non-compete agreements before you voted against them. Luckily you are in Maryland with me, where the confusion is, well, par for the course. Yes, Maryland is heavily biased for the employer when it comes to work disputes, but I don't think the original poster was talking about legal action. More so, I think he was talking about the fact that he was blind sided by someone that he invested time and money into to get the guy to point where he wasn't standing on the dumb side of the measuring tape. I am very grateful for the opportunity that my mentor gave me. He is few, few, few and far between. Well he happened to work for the company that I am with now. He is at the big C.O. in the sky and I am left here doing adds, moves, and changes. He taught me how to treat an employer. Most of the time it was a bit passive agressive toward "senior leadership". That term always cracked him up. But he taught me to respect where the paycheck came from. I wouldn't dishonor that for anything.

No one could keep me from working, but it comes down to respect. Some have it, and most don't.