Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
bda Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everybody,

found this great community a very handy resource. I need some help with my setup with Mitel SX-200 ICP. We received is as a trade for some networking equipment. Our old PBX was a piece of old Iwatsu, so we decided to go for Mitel. I am experienced in networking myself, so the connecting part was not a problem. Right now I got the ICP controller + Superconsole 1000 + 18 IP sets (16 of 5220 and two of 5224). The controller is connected to 6 external analog lines combined into the trunk by telephone provider. The trunk lines are configured as 01 type of AMB/COMBO CLASS with all default options (maybe this is the wrong choice).

I’ve done the basic programming: created the trunk group, assigned the devices, etc. All the calls are being picked up by Attendant at SC1000 with the ext 200 (changed from default 198) configured as a Console. The other internal extensions are 221-239. I also created the account code entries for International calling with changing COR from default 01 to 04. ARS also contains different routing for COR 1 and 4.

Everything is working fine except the international calls. After dialing the account code I get the tone, then 9 – 1 – xxx xxx xxxx and then I hear _one_ ring and it goes to nowhere. Silence. How can I fix this?

I have already tried to assign COR 4 to the desktop device. In this case it is able to dial internationally without the code but with the same effect. . . frustrated.

Also, I want to setup a couple of IP sets as the Subattendants to make them ringing together with SC1000. Ok, I changed their type from 5220 to 5220S. Still not clear what to do next. It does not allow me to use ext 200 as MULTI-CALL under the “Expand Set”. Error: Access code 200 does not correspond to a Stn, SUPERSET or Logical Line. I see people’s remarks here and there that it possible to add IP sets as Subattendants to the Console, but there is still no straightforward guide. Please, advise.

It is kind of emergent issue: I’ve been struggling with this for a week without any progress. The local Mitel dealer is hard to work with. I had waited for them for 2 months to come and to upgrade the firmware. BTW, it’s 5.0.2.3

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

When a fail is so epic, it becomes a win.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

PM Sent!

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
What do you have in form 26 for the string that you would be dialing?

I assume that "international" from Bermuda is still North American Dialing Plan? (1-AAA-BBB-CCCC where AAA is area code, BBB is Central office, and CCCC is local loop)

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
thanks for the input, telephoneguy.
Based on your words I assumed that anything else (COR or the trunk line setup) is out of the picture. I looked carefully into the ARS configs again and foud out that the improper Modified Digits entry was assigned in the Route Definition (F23), A-r-r-h-h!
It munched up one digit; but I heard one ring making the international calls. From what I make the conclusion that the first ring is "fake" and produced by SX-200.

Tnx.

Any ideas on the second part of my request?

You'll need to assign LDN keys (form 8) onto your console, and point the trunks to the LDN keys.
When you do an expand set for your sub-attendants, you'll be able to assign the same LDN keys onto the phones. You NEVER direct things to the extension number of the console, ONLY to the LDN keys.

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for pointing me to my mistake.
I am not good with the terminology yet; does the assigning the "LDN Keys" mean: I should use the fantom (no-existing) extension number?

LDN keys are assigned in form 8, they are the blue keys that ring on the console to show which line or condition is producing the call (incoming, 800#, recall, internal, etc.). This allows the receptionist to say, "Thanks for calling bob's bait barn" when the main line rings, or "Receptionist" when "dial zero" rings, or "you can't call 976 numbers from work!" when "illegal number" rings.

So if you make the "incoming" LDN # 5005, for example, then you can put 5005 onto a key of the subattendant. Then incoming calls will ring both places.

Of course, you do not have to use subattendants. You can also assign a TAFAS code in form 2 (Trunk Answer From Any Station) - such as #0, for example - and then when you hear the attendant console ring, you can press #0 and answer from your own phone.

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
My sincere thanks to you, telephoneguy, you rock! All worked as a charm.
May I inquire you about some other things?
- Is it possible to change the type of the device (Form 9) without deleting it and creating it again?
- How can I change the name of the Attendant shown (ATT) to something else?
- Is it possible to assign the ringtone to LDN keys different from the regular one?
- How to move the “Redial” function on Superconsole 1000 from default F9 to F4 button?
- If I hang up there is 20-25 second disconnection delay on the other end. Is it programmed anywhere in Mitel or it is totally under the telephone company’s control? (I guess so)
- There are 5 phone lines in the trunk. Is there any trick to always display our Main line’s number on the call receiver’s end? I guess some kind of code could be sent to the line for that.

-Nope. You can only set the device type when the port is unprogrammed.
-You can't change the ATT prompt.
-The console only gets one type of ring tone. The operator need to notice the name of the LDN when a call is ringing.
-No, Redial is a fixed key.
-In form 13, trunk descriptors, change the 'disconnect timer' from 500 MS to 100ms, which will make your trunk more 'sensitive' to disconnect signals.
Only PRI trunks can insert CPN (Calling Party Number) on outgoing calls. Otherwise, the Central Office sends out the listed number of the trunk your using to originate the call.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
In order to accomplish the 'same number' from every line, typically you have to get a true TRUNK group, as in ground start, from the telco. And you may not be able to accomplish it, anyway. The 'guy that knows what you are asking for and how to do it', was 'bought out' 5 years ago. He was too expensive to keep around! frown

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
But if all of your trunks are two-way, and someone dials in the secondary number instead of the main published number, it will still ring on your console.

Glad that it helped. If you were not in so isolated a location, I would have suggested that you find a Mitel dealer who is more cooperative, rather than undertake so much programming on your own. Also, there is an individual who posts here *coughFIFTY5FOOTERcough* who conducts training for Mitel systems.

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, thank you guys all for the comments.

I see, PRI trunk is the only option for inserting the CPN.

Well, I do not remember where I learned that from, but in the old times (in Europe), when the "call display" functionality was not widely present, some smarts invented kind of caller’s-number-detectors installed inside of the common telephone set. Those were based on some kind of code-interacting with telephone provider while the very first ring. And it was also possible to deceive the call recipient by sending the certain code sequence that replaced the true number with fake one. And all these worked on the common telephone lines!

I just thought that this functionality still exists and can be employed.

All right. I got two more tasks to complete with my setup: Automatic Attendant and Unified Messaging (emailing option is purchased). Will go along that road once I have spare time.

Another challenge came my way this morning. One of our partners (small resort) asked me to look into their Mitel setup based on same SX-200 (and 3 “microwave” cabinets) with 99% of which are common one-pair lines. I came on-site and found out that their “phone-and-IT-tech” left the island while ago with keeping the system documented all in his head. Later, some local techs (different person almost every time) worked on the system and turned it into the total mess.

Well, at least with what I’ve learned within last month I could deal with extensions and overall understanding of what it is. But the biggest question now is about what lines they are using. At a glance there is a T1 24-line trunk and 3 (or 5?) trunks combined of analog lines together with some single lines. Some of them are marked with phone numbers in comments but mostly incorrect. It is almost always hit-and-miss: the documented telephones are discontinued, moved to another circuit, some undocumented lines are connected to… only G-d knows where, etc etc.

So I want to trace down all them and figure out what is in real use. I dug into the docs and the only way I found is to connect terminal to the Superconsole 1000 and watch it while calling all those lines. Mm, I got something, but there is no detail about what bay/slot/circuit the call comes through.

Could anybody point me towards the solution?
Tnx.

PM Sent!

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks again to everybody.
- LDN keys work;
- TAFAS is handy;
- disconnect timer adjustment to 100ms also helps.

A new question:
before all these changes the stations were able to forward the call during the conversation by dialing just the extension number (2xx), now they are not. Is this because the Digit Strings implemented (yes, there are 2xxXXXX entries) or something else has affected that? Please advise.

No. It should have been that only your console(s) were able to transfer by dialing the station. From all other extensions, you should need to press "Trans/Conf" and then dial the extension, and release.

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
I see.
Now I am trying to configure the night mode. I have the hunt group 300 with the standard 301, 302, 303, and 304 VM ports in it.
In the F49 I assigned the daytime 9-17 Mon-Fri. Then in F14 Non-DI Trunks I put 300 in N1 and N2 fields. I guess this would route the incoming calls straight to the VM (w/o waiting on caller's side). No luck.
Also, in the F19 (we are the only tenant) I put 300 in N1 and N2 fields for CO Routing Points on No Answer. I guess that would forward the caller to VM after several rings. No luck either.
What am I missing?
Tnx.

Before messing with Form 49 (which should be mailbox options, no?), try manually switching between Day/N1/N2. At the console, press Function, Night 1. You should see "night 1" on the right side of the display.

Now make test calls. Any luck?

To get back, press "Function" "day service."

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, this manual switching on the console works.
After 2 rings on the caller's side the autoattendant answers with choices for: 0 - operator, 9 - directory (not been set up yet), and extension, YEP! this part works, and the call parks in the personal mailbox.

2 questions now:

- how do I automate switching to Night1 mode and back?
- why does the operator's mailbox never kick in? The attendant's console is on ext 200, with the mailbox 200. The console is reachable by 0 as well and the mailbox 0 also exists (by default setup).

No automatic switching, the feature to look at is Attendant Calls Forward On No Answer. Setup an phantom extension *200 call forwarded always to vm and use it as the night 1 point. This will end up in mailobox 200

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
Some update. I just cahnged F19 (Call rerouting table) to

Station Dial 0 routing 200 - 300 - 300
Priority Dial 0 Routing 200 - 300 - 300

(all were 200) where 200 - attendant's extension and 300 - VM hunt group.
With being manually switched into Night1 the call goes straight to autoattendant now.

But there is still no way to end up onto operator's vm #200. Instead, the system offers to enter the mailbox number (for listening the messages).

Well, it possibly had never been set up, as the ext 200 is assigned to the console and I can't figure how to access the vm #200 from console. Help!

The autoswitching issue still remains... if there is no autoswitching what those settings for Sun-Sat and 9:00-17:00 in F49 are for?

I don't think you understood me. Create an extension *200 on a fake card in a fake bay. From the console, forward it always to voice mail. Put that extension as the night 1 answer point for dial 0.

If you are a business, I would not put that in the night 2 spot. That way you can use night 2 as a setting for when you are open, but the attendant is available.

As for the times in 49, they effect the greeting callers will hear in the default auto attendant level.

You should NEVER direct Dial 0 calls or trunks to the console's extension number. The routing/rerouting features only apply to the LDN keys.
The console shouldn't be used with a mailbox, mostly because it's not user friendly with touch tones, and there's no message light.

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the input, John and F5F.

I got the point that there is no automation on switching, and the operator has to flip the Day/Night modes manually.

Ok, I assgned LDN #2 as 3412 #3 as 3413

Station Dial 0 routing 3412 - 3412 - 3412
Priority Dial 0 Routing 3413 - 3413 - 3413
CO Line Routing Points on No Answer - 300 - 300 -300 (VM hunt group).

I kept the extension 200 assigned to the console; that let's the switchboard (while calling the VM hunt group) to be routed to the proper voicemail box #200 which is our general VM box.
It is ok that it does not have the the "message waiting" light as the checking out the general mailbox is in the list of operator's duty.

I also added the fantom bay as #2.
I can't find out how to add the extension *200 (is it correct? with the star?) to that fantom bay, please direct me.

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
Just tested. Still no joy.
In the Night mode the autoattendant forwards to to anybody's VM properly.
If I stay on the line (or dial 0) the call goes to the console and it rings like 30 times and cycles again.
A slight change thoug: if I dial 200 I hear the greeting for the general mailbox now.

But, the VM box #200 never kicks in frown
Please, advise.

The forms you need to deal with are 53,1,9. Program an ons card in slot 1 of the bay, then then card will show up in 9. Yes it's *200 for the extension in say 2-1-1.

From console if I remember correctly, function, attn function, stations, *200, forward always(all calls) to 300, save.

Then if you dial *200 it should end up in 200 mailbox if all was done correctly.

Put the values into 19 and test.

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
You are Shaman! eek
It works! There is smth that is unclear. I put *200 into F19 for the Priority calls only (which would be external):
Station Dial 0 routing 3412 - 3412 - 3412
Priority Dial 0 Routing 3413 - *200 - *200

I assumed that "Station Dial" with all 3412 will allow 0 to be forwarded to the ext 200 even in the Night mode. Wrong. Internally console might be reached by 200 only. But that's not a big deal.

What is strange: the system is in Major Alarm now with that fantom bay #2 with:
# of devices = 1
total devices unavailable = 1

With the log entry: Tot alarm went from No Alarm to MAJOR Alarm level change due to Bay 02 lines
How can I fix this? :bang:

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
I guess this is because that "fantom" 02/01/01 is "programmed" as ONS LINE CARD like you advised; of course, nothing is shown as "installed". Is there another option I can choose to get rid of that Major Alarm?

Go to maint read alarms and see what level values are causing it. Adjust values in categories to be slightly higher than what you find to mask this. Also search this category about alarms and some other help may be found.

bda Offline OP
OP Offline
That worked perfect! Tnx.

I am wondering why can nobody make a call to another extension (or externally) while having another call on hold. The display shows "choose the line" or "ok, choose another line" and. . . there is no way to get that damn line. I guess I should go for the "Expand set" in F9 for every device, right?
I am not sure what the right option is for that as some telephones have LDN assigned and some not.

I usually put a multiple on most phones. The sub attendants get a personal out.

John is correct, but you will need to know that multiples are called "Multi-call" in form 9*. Make the number the same as the extension number. I usually make three on each phone.

Is this the longest thread ever?

Maybe it is time to start a new topic since it this has already morphed several times.

Just a thought.

Located in Southern California.
Mitel, Avaya, Nortel and Hitachi Products and services for Hospitality and Business sectors. Tel: 1-800-329-7971
Cannot agree more! Maybe I should have chimed in before. I am going to lock this thread, any further discussion ON THE MULTIPLE APPEARANCE will need to be pursued in a new thread.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,767
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,453 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,084 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024