web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#113922 05/17/11 03:56 AM
OP Offline
Hi - new to Mitel and phone systems in general, but PC literate...

We have a Mitel 3300icp system with 30 extensions, 5212IP and similar.

We would like to set up a Night Service that would announce our opening hours and give callers the opportunity to dial direct to any voicemail box they know of, or leave a message at reception.

I've been able to switch the Night Service on or off, but it doesn't answer the phones or announce anything (I haven't set up any message anyway).

In the system I see business hours are recorded.

My question is, where can I find some step-by-step instructions for setting all this up? I've looked at sysadmin help pages, but they are not step-by-step and relevant stuff seems to be scattered over various sections. As I am not familiar with the terminology used, I cannot find what I need (assuming the info is in there somewhere).

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
PS I don't know if it is relevant, but our calls are routed to reception, and call rerouting day, night1, night2, DND type, 1st Alt and 2nd Alt are 1, 1, 1, All, 1, 1 respectively.

In form 14, set the night1 answer points to the voicemail pilot. Also in form 19.

TG, he's got a 3300.
You need to re-route, always, for night 1, the destination access code of your incoming calls, to the access code of your voicemail hunt group. The setting for business hours controls whether the voicemail/auto-attendant will answer with the "day greeting" or the night/"Closed Greeting".

www.ResaleSystems.com 24 x 7 Mitel Parts and Free Tech Support
OP Offline
OK, thanks. How do I discover what the access code of our voicemail hunt group is? And what do I do with that code?

TIA

OP Offline
When I said 'step-by-step' I meant it... ;-)

I can find the routing table but don't know how to use it, basically.

That is beyond the scope of this board IMHO.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
bathcentre, as johnp said, your needs are beyond the scope of this forum. The rule of thumb is tell the OP what, but not how. We can't provide the type of training you are going to require in this forum. Possibly, one of the correspondents will contact you via PM and arrange to talk you through your needs. Be prepared to pay for their knowledge and training. Sorry, John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OP Offline
Well, it doesn't surprise me... it's just that the instructions/help files given assume a lot of prior knowledge, or the time to study and experiment to sort it all out.

Thanks anyway.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 92 guests, and 312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024