web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#114614 09/27/11 09:56 AM
OP Offline
Recently I took over a hotel site with a Mitel Sx 200 Digital . It has two power supplies and two floppy 3.5 drives on the lower shelf of the cabinet.
I am new to the digital and have never programmed one. I was able to plug in my laptop into the RS232 Port on the cabinet marked maintenance and using hyper terminal emulation I was able to carriage return and enter programming via the installer and pass code.
I had a problem exiting and moving through commands however. Can anyone explain the programming procedure .
What I need to check is an analog extention that is supposed to hotline to the taxi company, but calls the reception when the handset is picked up instead.
Also the Voicemail which is a PC based software with 4 analog ports from the mitel [ Voicemail is called Billymail ] and is working however calls transferred to individual tel extentions do not call forward /busy to the voicemail but rings the extention and then the main message on the voicemail ports answer. This apparently just started happening possibly after power spike.
Can anyone help on these three issues? Upfront thanks .

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#114615 09/27/11 12:43 PM
Not familiar with the voice mail, but it sounds like it has lost voice mail boxes. When programming the 200 use the "escape" key before keying in the choices at the bottom.

#114616 09/27/11 12:46 PM
The SX200D behaves, in general, like the SX200 D/L or the SX200 ML/EL when accessed through the serial port. Depending on port speed, it may be slow and unresponsive. Set your port to 9600-8-N-1 before doing the auto-baud and you stand a decent chance of getting a good response speed.

Did the hotline to the taxi ever work, or is this a new change?

How does the analog voicemail get integration information?

It sounds like you may be way over your head. I strongly suggest calling out the certified Mitel dealer in your area.

Also, you should point out to the owner that while it is a credit to Mitel that these systems are still in service, so many years after they've become obsolete, all good things must eventually come to an end. It is time NOW to begin planning for the upgrade to SX200 ICP.

#114617 09/27/11 12:47 PM
WT, dollars to donuts this integration relies on speed-dials and the codes have been lost or forgotten.

#114618 09/28/11 02:18 AM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
tg, my thought exactly. That would also explain why the 'taxi' hotline doesn't work.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#114619 09/28/11 02:35 AM
Helm-
We can PM if you want specifics on navigating thru programming. Usually the Hotline feature to go off property uses the call forward always feature on the station, usually pointing to a system speed dial number ( from 31 )and programmed from the station or at the console.

With the VM i would verify there are mailboxes for these ext's 1st, if they have VM boxes then I would check the call forwarding - it should go to a speed dial number that " should " contain the VM hunt group followed by some sequence of digits like *90*6*9 - the zero couls also be a digit one- these usually identiy a call forward or a check message string.

Of course this is all based on the assumption that these are anaolg vm ports and the BillyMail uses the same type of inband call integration as some of the other industry standard VMs. I myself am not familiar with BillyMail.

Alex Kroger
Pinnacle Communications Corp
Mitel/Hitachi
Nationwide Hospitality Provider

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (dexman, justbill), 139 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024