web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
I have a customer who has this system and they are experiencing a problem on ext 301 only where the pone will ring once, upon pick line is dead and then they hang up and the line double rings and then there is someone there. It is very random, only effects this one line.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
was advised to check the phone itself, so I did a swap and the problem still exists on the one extension. Any ideas????

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
About the only thing I can think of is to unplug 300 and see if maybe it's a paired port problem that may actually on 300 that is causing 301 to malfunction. Also make sure the first pair is not causing it.

About all I can think of unless the port has gone bad.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
what do I do in the event the port is dead? What are the cost to replace? and what are the steps to replace it? do I have to reprogram anything or what? Not experienced in this equipment and have no documentation?!

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
First check all the cabling, cross connect,jacks for 300 and 301 to be sure you do have a bad port, you can always move that phone to a spare port if they have any not being used. Then do a copy. If you are looking to get a manual click on the Manauls button at the top of the page, you can find one there.

OP Offline
I took a look at the cross-connect block, doesnt appear to have any shorts or crossed pairs, What card of the 4 would this extension be on? I the card 3 (top card on the right) was not connect properly, I re-installed that card but will have to wait until I hear from the customer today as I did the work late last night. Anything else you can think of?

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
It would be the first port on the bottom card of the right. They should have 24 station that are ready for use, if they still have problems after your trouble shooting I would move that phone to one of the spare ports if they have any.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited July 16, 2004).]

OP Offline
ext 300 is not actually in use, they use 301 for all there reception stuff, would this cause any problems??

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Why are they not using 300? This set up is not making any sense unless 300 went bad and they made 301 the recept.

OP Offline
Not sure exactly, kind of coming into clean up someone elses mess. They are not able to offer any explanation at this point, I may move the ext over to 300.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 100 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024