web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
MICS 6.1 xc, 3 T-1's, non-PRI.

This customer is a collection agency, so as you imagine, outbound traffic is high.
They intermittently get "no free lines"
even though they have 64 channels in Pool A (8 channels are in pool B for their legal dept.) This happens even when there's only 10 or 20 people in in the morning or on a Saturday.

The carrier says they have never hit ceiling.

We've troubleshot our balls off and can find nothing wrong in our system cofig.

My hunch (and tech support) says it's the carrier. They disagree.

What we have here, boys, is a Mexican stand-off.

The main reason I am second guessing myself is that in another post I made with a similar problem on a 3-PRI system it turned out to be CbC limits. That parameter is not available on a straight T-1.

Is there an equivilant parameter I am over-looking??

Punch down all your damn pairs!..........(please).
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

If your carrier says they aren't seeing all the trunks busy, I'd have to believe them. If they were trying to deceive you they'd tell you they were so they could sell you another T1. Does your carrier have monitoring equipment on the T's so they can see if they are clean? If not do you have access to a Tberd or equivalent with a lid to break out the channels? Your going to have to put it in or out of the switch and that's the only way I know how to prove it.
Bill

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
Well, The strangest thing happened on that job.

As I browsed the the lines to see if they were busy or idle in maintenance. I found that the system could only access 22 channels of the 3 t-1's. The rest said "unavailable" including the entire 3rd T-1.

So I disabled and re-enable all the cards and poof.....72 channels!!!!

I hope it was a glitch and not just a symptom of a bigger prob.....

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I must not have paid attention in class. how are you getting the third T-1 into the system? I know they changed a lot on the 6.1, but I was not aware of the addition of another T-1.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
with 6.1 and new gen T1 card you can install T1 cards in other tan core slots, I think up to 4.

OP Offline
My understanding is that with 6.1 XC you can only have 3 T-1's max. The 3rd occupies slot 1 of a 12x0 and requires an "AAAA" card and renders the other 2 slots unusable.

OP Offline
Well, it's been over a week and I went back there on other business and it's still happening.

I dialed "9" and got line 18 (it starts @ line 108). I then went into maintenance to check the busy/idle state of a few lines and they were "unavailable" (as opposed to again busy or idle).

SO...what I had hoped was the problem is actually a symptom that can be fixed in the short run by de-provisioning & re-provisioning the channels one by one, or resetting the cards one by one, or probably the entire system.

What could be causing 2/3's of the total channels across 3 T-1's to lock up?.....

Can't be bad cards because it's on all 3 T's.....maybe S/W corruption or telco is all I can guess.

Assuming the T's are good, since you haven't said otherwise, next time have telco see what state they see the trunks in. Sounds like your not releasing and the trunks are taking themselves out of service.
Bill

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
not releasing???
As in disco supervision on a CO?

elaborate, please....

Yes, either not receiving release supervision or not releasing. That is why I said have telco see what they see on the trunks, they can also set up a trap to see when and why they fail, trap will come from supplier of the trunks. Also Tberd makes a great test set that will break out each channel and can be hooked up to a printer, they are expensive so maybe you can find a tech in your area that has one, might even get lucky and have telco put one on for you, but I doubt it.
Bill

Retired phone dude
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, Yoda), 138 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024