web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi, I have a client who has a Nortel M8X24-DS with a star talk voicemail. The system version is SP: 30MULO7 DR5. I had to reprogram the system and the only problem I am having is when a person calls another via the intercom the telephone rings 4 times and then transfers to the unknown. I have the telephones forwarding on no answer(capabilities) to the first port of the voicemail and that works on transfered calls but not on intercom calls. Anyone have a suggestion?

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

I don't understand how its possible. Transfer from VM is the same ICM. call and if it goes into mail box after 4th ring it should go to the same point via ICM. calls unless you have redirect Enabled and its set up for 3 rings to prime which is by default ext.21 or 221. Otherwise its a glitch.

OP Offline
Thank you! I wll check the redirect enabled. My self thought it would go to the prime extension also. If it is not in redirect it must be a glitch. Thank you, again!

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Is this from &/or to all extensions, or just from/to 1?

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
OP Offline
When I intercom anybodys phone on the phone system it will ring their phone 4 times and then stop ringing however, the phone I called them with will still have ring back tone on it like it has been forwarded somewhere. The calls are answered by the auto attendent and when transfered by the AA the calls forward to the voicemail after 4 rings.

...the phone I called them with will still have ring back tone on it like it has been forwarded somewhere.
I fail to see what you mean by "ring back tone"on an intercom.

No matter where the call went, you'll have inercom dial tone when you pickup the handset.

If you're holding the handset, or using H/F, what are you "hearing" after the 4 rings?

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,088 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
dexman 2
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, jkmartin, KRRath), 142 guests, and 295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024