Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#135240 09/18/07 02:08 AM
Tuned Offline OP
OP Offline
One of the staff at an off-site location just called to report the AA on their BCM400 is no longer answering inbound phone calls and they can't access their VM. Outbound calls are working fine. I tried pinging the BCM but get no response.

I was thinking of possibly rebooting the CallPilot side if possible independently of the entire BCM, but since I can't get to it remotely I'll probably be heading there this morning.

Is there a way to log in via a serial connection w/ the BCM running or will I have to reboot it and log in and try to access it that way? And if I can get in w/o rebooting the entire unit, is there a way to restart the CallPilot without rebooting the entire system?

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#135241 09/18/07 03:01 AM
reboot..server is down..norstar still up is a sure sign..when u reboot whole system goes down there is no other way

#135242 09/18/07 03:24 AM
Actually you could try to reset the voicemail by going into Administration, general, service manager, highlight voicemail and click restart. Not to say this will correct your problem, but it is an option before doing a reboot. smile

I know a little about a lot, and a lot about little.
#135243 09/18/07 06:55 AM
Tuned Offline OP
OP Offline
Actually just got back from going onsite. Couldn't get in via it's ip address so I attached a serial cable and used hyperterminal. The message on the screen said:

<font color=blue>Start service init_cleanup (Y)es/(N)o/(C)ontinue? [Y] Starting init_cleanup: I chose no
[ OK ]
Start service syslog (Y)es/(N)o/(C)ontinue? [Y] Start service mfgonly1 (Y)es/(N)
o/(C)ontinue? [Y] I chose Continue

<font color=black>After that it proceeded to boot with an OK after each entry. I did get this at the end though, not sure what it means:

<font color=blue>NCGL 2005 (cjdavola)
Kernel 2.4.22-ncgl-10.12.1.0 on an i686 (ttyS0)

BCM40 login: mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device
mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device
umount: /mnt/usb: not mounted

<font color=black> After that message I was able to ping the device, login via the serial cable, users were able to access their vm's and the AA picked up when I called in. I left the site since I can remotely access it now, worst case it's on my way home.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,311 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024