Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#150010 12/20/11 05:47 AM
Yoda Offline OP
OP Offline
I thought about three separate posts, but I think these are all related somewhat. I've been working on this off and on for a while, and I think I'm confusing myself the more I get into it. Sorry for the length of this post. I’ll try to explain it all.

Question 1 – DID/Target Line to Personal Fax:
I have DID numbers with target lines pointing to different extensions. I would like to make some DID fax numbers so that users with a DID number can have their own direct DID fax number. What is the proper way to do this? I’ve taken an unused DID target line and pointed it to the user’s DN. So this makes the second target line pointing to the DN. The Express Messaging Line is not populated in the user’s mailbox settings. This seems to work for incoming faxes.

When trying to fax out, while in Word for example, I click Print and select the Call Pilot Fax, enter my physical fax machine’s number and send. In Monitor I can see the call placed, but it doesn’t connect. In my Outlook I get a Non-Delivery message that says “the attached fax message cannot be printed to : Extension xxx-xxxx”. (I have two different physical fax lines and machines here to test with. So the outgoing fax uses one of these lines (which is connected to BCM Line 151) while the other fax machine should receive the call on a physical pair.)

Question 2 – Company published fax number setup:
The company’s published fax number arrives on a copper pair and is currently connected to a real fax machine and to BCM Line 151, but then what? Do I need to create a dummy mailbox for this line and designate a user to add an Outlook account and check for faxes in their Outlook?

Question 3 – Mailbox Manager
In a web browser, going to [IP of the BCM/mailboxmanager] lets me login to a page with convenient choices for my mailbox. One of these, Fax Settings, doesn’t apply to my problems mentioned above, but I didn’t know that earlier. I entered my extension number in the Fax Preset Destination Extension field and clicked Submit. Now I want to remove this entry, but it tells me “You need to specify an extension number”. Not sure how I can eliminate this.

Thank you for your patience and taking the time to read this. I’m looking forward to your input.

Jim

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#150011 01/08/12 06:35 AM
You'll need the fax license installed.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,575 Shoretel
189,447 CTX100 install
187,611 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024