web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm in the process of on the job learning by trial and error on this DBS system. I have found the cabinets (2 of them) and they have 96 ports key model # VB-44020 and 96 ports expandable VB-44021.

Does this mean I have 192 lines total?

What is a hunt group?

Thank you again for any help and I do apologize for my non-knowledge of these systems.

Donna

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Does this mean I have 192 lines total?
What is a hunt group?</font>
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Donna, with all due respect, you really need to call a Tech. to go over this system with you and to take care of any immediate problems as well as helping you to use the end user features.
To date, you still havn't completed your profile for us. If we had your profile we could recommend a few good Techs. in your area.
Thank you, mrGemini

[This message has been edited by MrGemini (edited June 21, 2005).]

gem is right this is a hard task for the seasoned installer a working system is not something you would want to mess with without some kind of training but to answer your question

a hunt grp is a number of phones that are asigned to ring at the same time or one after the other
so if you have all calls ringing at the main reception ie 201
you might want to make ext 202 to also ring
you would have to create a group and asigne these as members ie ext grp 290 you would then set this grp to ring (both phones ring at same time) or hunt (201 rings first then 202

the system is built for 192 ports this means that the max output is 192 objects onto or off and although the system is totaled at 192 ports thats only if all cards are installed
but if you have a system that size really tell your boss to pay a tech for training or to setup for you as even 1 slip in programing can bring the whole thing to a stop causing widespread mayhem take gems advice he is the best and knows his stuff
it is simply to much for you to start learning on

peter

hi again

fi its of any use to you and you want to know what different things mean & what needs to be set then you can get the setup explaination here
for the sake of Gem: this is a free site so i hope theres no problem with posting..

https://www.telekomunikacije.co.yu/panasonic/manual.html

and this tells you all you need to know
https://www.telekomunikacije.co.yu/panasonic/pdf/BDBSPM.pdf

hope this helps a bit

the DBS is a crap sys for those of us that know it let alone a novice i wish you luck. but to ans 1 question. A hunt grp is a grp of extns acessibile by ring a single pilot number. There are different types of hunt gr (Parallel-cyclic & sequential)thats covered basic hunt grps

I am just going to chime in to offer my humble opinion that you are in WAY over your head. Get a tech in that knows the DBS. There is no way that a novice should be touching programming in a system that complex. It is highly likely that you will find a way to shut down at least a portion of your system.

------------------
Panasonic Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited June 23, 2005).]

well i would tend to disagree, the dbs is a solid system, as good aas any out there. they are easy to maintain, program, and have been very durable for us.

Like it or not the DBS is a durable system.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,390 Shoretel
189,114 CTX100 install
187,418 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024