Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
pbogi Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

I'm looking for a cheat sheet for setting up a Panasonic KXTA824 phone system with a 2-port Aleen Voice Mail system. Something specific to the Panasonic. Does anyone one here have one or possibly a link to one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Aleen TS should have it.

pbogi Offline OP
OP Offline
I checked Aleen's website and their "Application Notes" obviously addresses programming the Aleen system. What I was looking for was info on programming the Panasonic KXTA824 for use with the Aleen.

I've seen step-by-step sheets for other systems, such as the Partner ACS, and thought that perhaps someone here could help with the Panasonic.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

most of the players here use first party voice
mail you lose a lot functionality be using
inband integration

Aleen ts should be able to send a step by step for whatever they work with.

pbogi Offline OP
OP Offline
I contacted Aleen Tech support and they sent me what they had. However, it was for a KXTA-624, which they believe should be close.

They did offer to help with regard to programming the Aleen voice mail itself, if any further assistance was needed.

That is why I was looking for help from someone here on the Panasonic side of things.

I can't really fault Aleen, although, as mentioned here, one would expect that they would have this detailed information as part of verifying compatibility with various phone systems.

Should I have posted this in the Installers section, since I was looking for help, not as an End User, but as an Installer?

the 824 and 624 are the same, as far as vm codes go.
what are you haveing problems with??

pbogi Offline OP
OP Offline
Managed to get the Aleen Voice Mail to pick up. However, on the Panasonic side it seems that in order to activate a mail box for a set you have to turn on CFWD BUSY/NA. When you do, you can no longer use DND. The CFWD/DND button flashes instead of the regular MW light, which I suspect is due to the fact that the Aleen isn't fully integrated with the KXTA824 as a Panasonic VM would be. Does that make sense?

Also, what do you need to program on the set in order to retrieve VM messages or to transfer a call directly to another user's mail box? Programmed a flex button for the first number (115) of the VM exts. (115 & 116) which are set for circular hunting. Pressing the button gets you to the Main Daytime greeting. Assigned "9" for mail box message retrieval. Anything else that should be looked at? Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance to those who post a reply.

Well if aleen needs to see #9#101 to dump message in
box 101. Pgm a PF key with Aleens DN, enough pauses
to ensure it has time to pick up then #9#. This would be a VM Xfer key. On line with caller hit TRANS-VMXFER-wait for Aleen to speak (mostlikely would say (please enter the mailbox number) then dial box number and hangup.
If it needs 9101 to get mesg from box 101. Do the same with PF key except it would be Alleen DN,pauses,9101. Pushing icm then this button would log you in to the password point, for total auto login--- Aleen DN,pauses9101pauses,Password#

Easier way to do?? Get PAn Vm.

pbogi Offline OP
OP Offline
It turns out that the CFWD/DND light flashes once you program the station for CFWD BUSY/NA. I mistakenly thought that this was the MW indicator. That means that the MW light is not working. Any ideas? It looks as though all of the codes are set in the Aleen based upon the type of system that you tell it you are connecting it to.

Just to be clear here, I didn't sell this package. I'm only trying to help the guy who did get out from under. Then he can chalk it up to experience and never do that again.

Thanks again for your replies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,417 Shoretel
189,177 CTX100 install
187,429 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024