web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#159718 08/07/07 03:36 PM
OP Offline
I have a TDA-200, with a KX-TDA0172 16 port digital extension card. My problem is that the digital extensions don't work.

I have 6 digital phones model: KX-T7630X.

To start with, I don't know now even if I have to use 1 pair (2 wires) or 2 pairs(4 wires).

In the installation manual for the card, there is the pinout for the amphenol and it says:

1 D2A Data port 1 (Low) 26 D1A Data port 1 (High)
2 D2B Data port 2 (Low) 27 D1B Data port 2 (High)
3 D2C Data port 3 (Low) 28 D1C Data port 3 (High)
4 D2D Data port 4 (Low) 29 D1D Data port 4 (High)

So from this I assume 1 pair, but it has not work.

I'm following this wiring code:
wiring code

What do I need to do to make'em work?

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Well, hours later. I have some digital extension working, wired with 2 pairs each. My problem now is that the extension number does not correspond to the port number (and the phisical position in the patchpanel). I think I have something wrong with the color code still.

Thanks.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Each phone uses only one pair on pins 3 and 6, if you punch down 2 pairs per socket you will get every second extension number working.

To be honest the termination of the cables are only part of the installation, the programming of the kx-tda 200 is very importent and it sounds as if you have not wired a system before let alone set-up a system.

My advice is get someone who knows what they are doing before you end up putting endless hours in to getting it working right.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Admin
Admin
Part of the reason I use a 66 block to terminate Panasonic cables is that I have the flexibility to change my jumper field at any time and open it up for testing. If you put an 8 port digital card or hybrid card in the same slot, you need to grab every 3rd pair starting with pair 2 for a digital set. If you then put in a 16 port card, you grab every pair for the first 16 and cross connect it to the second pair of every station.

It sounds like you are going to have to rewire your patch panel :-)

Carl

yes and if you use a data patch panel and you
wired 568b you will have a real problem

OP Offline
First, Thank all you guys for the response.

I understand that from my post I seem really really lost, but at this point I have working the SLT extensions, that in this install are the majority(32). And I only need to wire 6 digital at this time, although I want to leave the wiring correct.

I have done 2 diferent wiring examples, as I don't fully understand how to do the cross conection mentioned (mine is a 16 extension card).

[Linked Image from photos.e46fanatics.com]

In this case, I intend to cross connect the 2nd pair of the amphenol to the first pair at 66 or 110 style wiring block. Then carry 1 pair of wires to the patchpanel. The extension is wired with 1 pair.

The second case is:

[Linked Image from photos.e46fanatics.com]

In this case I intend to use 2 pairs for each digital extension, pair no.1 from the amphenol would be connected to the central pins (pin 4 and 5) and pair no.2 from the amphenol to pin 3 and 6. This would be for extension no.1

Please comment if I'm in the correct path or not. Any help would be much appreciated.

OP Offline
After reading your responses for several times I think my examples are wrong. I have to use pin 3 and pin 6 as OBT said. What I dont get is how to "cross connect it to the second pair of every station" as Carl Navarro said.

If you're using patch cords, you would have to customize them so that each single digital pair from your amphenol cable is connected to pins 3 and 6 on the ports of your patch panel.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
if you want to make off the amphenol lead directley to the patch panel, pair one blue-blue white to pin s 3-6 on patch panel jack 1 orange- orange white to pins 3-6 on patch panel jack 2.
If you have made off cable on panel using 2 pairs you could put a 110 block in the middle and make off every second pair on cable to patch panel. easier to just re-do panel for the 16 digital extensions

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Another strong reason for using 66 or 110 blocks for telco! argue
Simply take the pair you want from the system and cross connect it to the pair you want it on in the field. wink
MrG

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024