Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Admin
Admin
If they had a phone that worked they would be working instead of trying to google the pos phone that hasn't worked right since IT installed them.

Maine is about the same mostly small business systems about 199 out of 200 still use POTS

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I sense either some denial of what is coming, or there is a HUGE difference between metropolitan markets and rural. I am sensing the latter leads to the former.

Either way, I agree "traditional telephony" isn't going away any time soon. It still does what is needed, and makes too much financial sense. As well as it is dependable.

However, from a marketing perspective, if you want to be where people are looking for your telephony services, it would be a good idea to do some optimization under VOIP and Business Phones, as the search ratio difference is pretty huge.

I have tried to sell a few "used" phone systems recently for clients and I am shocked at how little they are drawing in offers. A 70 Phone Mitel with Octel Voicemail got no better of an offer than $450.

I was almost embarrassed to present the offer to him, preferring to just suggest he donate it to a non profit organization. Probably get a better tax credit that way.

OP Offline
I also think there is SOME truth to the statement that folks will type in exactly what they need. ie: avaya.com, nec.com, etc.

However, let's not give too much credit to the end user on knowledge of a completely different discipline than their core business. Sure, you know the names, Nortel, Avaya, Toshiba, NEC, Cisco, Shoretel, Vodavi, Panasonic, ESI and others off the top of your head depending who competes well in your area.

The average consumer does not know enough about telephone system manufacturers to go directly to what they need. So, although the point is well taken, it may not be completely accurate. For how many of the top 10 spots are related to VOIP, I can say personally that I see a need to become familiar with the new options sooner rather than later.

OP Offline
[QUOTE]
Just for fun:

I decided to make the VOIP searches bolded, or VOIP Specific products. Compare the quantity to no voip searches, especially the total number of searches.

and I don't see a whole lot of "VOIP Troubleshooting" searches in there either, so I'm not so sure that argument is valid.

1552950  voip solution eek
 177690  voip
 129473  business voip
 102857  voip service
 92784  voip provider
 79292  voip services
49793  cisco

26812  nec
21700  business phone system
 21643  voip phone
 19192  business phone
 19140  used cisco
17087  panasonic phone
14733  nortel
13798  avaya
 13719  cisco router
9689  ip telephony
9168  asterisk
 9107  used cisco router
 8993  cisco system

7578  business directory number phone
 6877  business number phone
 6876  voip pbx
 6717  pbx
 5833  voip phone system
 5803  internet telephony voip
 5757  lmr voip
 5569  voip service provider

4390  esi
 4346  free voip
 4284  cisco voip gateway
 4063  ip pbx

3976  business phone small system
 3920  stunt voip
 3746  nortel network
 3350  voip phone service
 2781  vonage voip
 2612  voip corporate

2492  avaya phone system
 2364  voip router
 2328  michigan voip

2276  panasonic phone system
 2250  voip traffic
 2065  asterisk voip
 2065  asterisk voip
 2047  voip reseller
 1983  voip software

1936  business phone service
 1918  voip course
 1760  voip product
 1744  branded voip
 1737  voip billing software
 1733  voip discount
 1705  voip telephony
 1675  private label voip
 1671  branded reseller voip
 1633  voip system

1623  avaya phone
 1548  pbx system
 1515  business small voip
 1459  free voip call
 1451  broadband phone voip
 1437  voip company
 1434  cheapest voip
 1422  voip comparison
 1406  cisco voip

1388  mitel
 1376  voip gateway
 1346  nortel phone
 1300  asterisk building system telephony
 1280  voip testing
 1209  voip review
 1209  virtual pbx

1208  business phone system uk
 1193  voip equipment
 1178  pbx phone system
 1158  why voip
 1095  cheap voip
1089  shoretel
 1028  compare voip provider
 1017  low rate voip

1013  nortel phone system
 1005  voip canada

And I sell a hybrid, so I am most definitely not saying the world is over. Just a very clear market shift occurring where I am at, and want to be ahead of the curve as a prepared asset to my clients. Thought it was worth sharing.

Very interesting to hear that some areas are not seeing the big shift. I notice a difference even between Dallas and Fort Worth.

...or there is a HUGE difference between metropolitan markets and rural.

No, there's a HUGE difference between enterprise systems and small businesses. Large enterprise systems are run by IT weenies and of course IP is their mantra. Fortunately for us applications like that only make up 10-15% with the majority 85-90% made up of small businesses and mom and pop operations that don't even own a computer.

So I guess if you cater to those large systems (or any customer who prays to their CG) VoIP is going to be your bread and butter. For the rest of us TDM is going to be our forte until manufacturers discontinue them.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Hal -

You are absolutely on the $. I know for a fact (been there, seen with my own eyes)that a VERY major NYC corporation has had nothing but grief in their conversion from TDM to VOIP.

It used to be that the major corporations had a VP for Voice and a VP for Data. The SVP of "Communications" could have come from either side. Starting about 15 years ago the SVPs ALL started coming from the Data side of the house.

Well, at this company I really can't name publicly (PM me if you like), the IT weenies decided that the 5,000 line TDM switch had to go and Cisco would come in.

Since that happened, you can now walk in to an office in Atlanta, sign on to a phone with your logon and get all your calls sent right there. That's useful isn't it? For about 5 minutes a week maybe.

Back home in the main office in NYC, they found that in order to keep the QOS up to something reasonable they had to run separate Vertical and Horizontal cabling just for Voice! Not only wouldn't the risers handle the traffic, the station cables overloaded.

Whhoops! What happened to the big savings?

And the ACD? Whoops! That doesn't work either.

And, and, and.......

No one will own up to it, but there are a lot of senior people that are real unhappy about this. But because they all signed off on it, they're afraid of letting the cat out of the bag.

Big or small, TDM is the answer for voice in 95% of the circumstances.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
What happens to everyone’s opinions on that matter when the cost of a VoIP system comes down even more (it will) and even gets to the point where they are even cheaper than TDM type systems (they will?)

Now factor in another thing… As VoIP systems continue to be developed further they will get even more “plug and play friendly.”

The dawning of a new IP telephony age ain’t here like those making the IP gear would like to tell everyone… but it will be.

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)
I’ve got a similar perspective to most of you from the other side of the demarc too…

The basic building blocks of the switched and/or copper networks are getting harder and harder to buy and often “no longer supported.” :shrug:

I’ll go to many of the conglomerated Telco equipment manufactures web-sites to look up an extremely commonly used part and what I’ll see is them touting their new fangled state-of-the-art OC-One-Bazillion-n-6 system eek … and the part number I’m looking for is not found and it’s for a DS1 something-or-another that we have millions of deployed. :bang:

… How in the world did I get on this soap-box?!?!?!?! shocked Ed, was this yours? You can have it back now.

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)
Admin
Admin
I look forward to the day when Voip is done correctly and I can just plug my phone in anywhere I want or enter a code where ever I go and have a digital quality conversation with the full voice spectrum so that I truly could hear a pin drop instead of the current can you hear me now? But unless the customers insist on quality I'm afraid Voip will just go the cheap way out and the quality of a phone call will decrease so that we all end up text messaging instead.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
OP Offline
"with the majority 85-90% made up of small businesses and mom and pop operations that don't even own a computer."

Holy cow, what market is that in? I'd be hard pressed to find any business WITHOUT a computer. Wow.
:confused:

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,396 Shoretel
189,121 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024