web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
kize13 Offline OP
OP Offline
I posted this in the Voicemail section and will now try here. This is the deal . Customer has 2 branch offices. Both branches have DK280's. Branch A is headquaters and has a Stratagy 6r2. Branch B is remote and wants a Stratagy . Both offices are tied together via partial T-1 with data on balance of channels. They communicate and transfer calls between branches via T-1 pooled buttons on sets( I believe they are intercoms, phantom directories, etc). Both branches have separate pots lines and #'s. Branch B has an 800 number that they forward to branch A after hours now. They would want both VM's set up for separate auto attendant after hours. The 800 # would then ring into branch B. IS there a way to have the 800# answered in the main greeting at branch B and give the caller the option to be transfered to branch A for messaging? Will a custom token string work in the 991 mailbox group chain selection? Or how about through a mailbox? Is there an easier way to do this? I have looked up AMIS and proxy options. Appears it relates to message processing after a call and message left has taken place- on analog lines. Your knowledge is must welcome!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
Remember you are working with a couple of dinosours, (both the systems and the help :rofl: ) If you were to install a Stratagy in site B you could offer a single digit to go to site A and let the vmail in site A direct the call to a mailbox. I assume that site A and B have different ext number plans. ie site A 200's and site B 300's.

Administrator
Administrator
FYI
I removed the post in VoiceMail since you have reposted here.

Red Offline
To get the two to somewhat interface you will need
OPX's and T1 Tie Lines

OPX will be from the far end and to Light MWI's are the Far End. The SLT or OPX will be programmed as VM ports at the Far End.
Notifications for the Far End system will need to be modified.

OPX's will terminate to VM on the near end.

I'm confused on why you would want an 800# (1FB) line answered only to be sent to a diferent location for messaging?
What is the feature/benefit the customer is looking for?

Originally posted by Toshiba Bob:
I'm confused on why you would want an 800# (1FB) line answered only to be sent to a diferent location for messaging?
What is the feature/benefit the customer is looking for?
Just trying to direct a pots 800 from one voicemail to another via T-1 if the caller selects it through the auto attendant. All message notifications would remain on their local VM's.

Originally posted by SSPhone:
Remember you are working with a couple of dinosours, (both the systems and the help :rofl: ) If you were to install a Stratagy in site B you could offer a single digit to go to site A and let the vmail in site A direct the call to a mailbox. I assume that site A and B have different ext number plans. ie site A 200's and site B 300's.
Actually the on site is using 2 digit ext #'s and the other is using 3 digit ext's. I'm not sure how you are getting at single didgit vm access?

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,488 CTX100 install
187,698 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024