Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#189572 05/25/07 02:49 PM
OP Offline
Hi, I'm having a lot of trouble getting Emanager installed on Windows XP. It keeps coming up with an error saying there's a problem with the windows installer. I tried turning on logging for the MSI Installer and noticed an error in there saying that the "InstallScript Engine cannot be found, run ISScript.msi"

But, there is no ISScript.msi in the install package for Emanager. Also, looking at the version on the setup, it shows that it uses version 12 of the installshield runtime. From what I've read, version 12 doesn't use an ISScript.msi. So, it makes sense.

But, what doesn't make sense is I can't get past this error. I've done everything under the sun... disabling everything, no AV loaded, fresh install of the OS, IIS and Management/Monitoring tools installed. I even loaded Java because of one thread I saw on here mentioning it.

I'm really at a loss. My Toshiba phone vendor is rarely helpful with things like this. So, needless to say, I'm completely frustrated. Can anybody shed any insight on this?

Thanks for reading.

space travel's in my blood.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#189573 05/26/07 10:23 AM
Is it XP Pro ?

#189574 05/29/07 07:49 AM
Make sure you have IIS and Mangement and Monitoring Tools enabled on the laptop or PC. You should also make sure script blocking (I think that is hte right term?) is turned off and the firewall is turned off.

#189575 05/29/07 09:53 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
He did mention that IIS and Management/Monitoring tools were installed. If you're on a domain, make your laptop a workgroup and log in as the local admin. Try that and see if that'll work.

#189576 05/30/07 04:01 AM
You're right, he did. My bad!

#189577 06/01/07 10:14 AM
OP Offline
Thank you all for your responses. The Management and Monitoring tools are definitely installed. Script blocking has to do with AV and I have no AV installed currently. The Windows Firewall service has been disabled via group policy, so that can't interfere. Trying to install as the local admin on my machine produced the exact same error in the exact same place.

My Windows is completely up to date, including the latest windows installer package. I have full admin privileges under my account and have been added to the Administrators group on my local machine.

I can install every other application without hiccup, except for this one. This client is such a nightmare. It has always been problematic for us, but this is a new low for it since it won't install at all. (Generally, I've found that I've had to install, then uninstall, then reinstall before it'll actually work. Go figure.)

My phone vendor wants to send out a tech, but I'm afraid of them spinning their wheels just like I'm doing.

[Linked Image from raindropcollector.com]
What bothers me most about that error message is how it's misspelled... it says AddeManagerUserAccount.

Does anybody have any other ideas?

#189578 06/01/07 10:19 AM
OP Offline
Oh, and this error occurs a bit after the install where you give it the password, then assign the directory it is installed to... once it begins the install it says 'copying files', then it says "Publishing Product Information". This is where the error gets thrown.

Also, for what it's worth, I've left all the defaults when installing. The files never get copied to the install directory, the install directory never gets created. I've tried creating the install directory beforehand too, but that didn't help either.

Sigh!

#189579 06/01/07 10:32 AM
OP Offline
Okay, so you were right after all. I didn't read your response close enough initially.

When I took my computer off of the domain and put it in a workgroup (which I didn't do before), I was able to install it successfully as the local admin. It works now. Hooray.

Thank you very much for your help. I hope this post helps lots of people who may encounter this issue, for whatever reason. You're a master, phonemeister.

#189580 06/01/07 01:41 PM
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Just wondering....What version of eManager are you installing?

4.20A06 cannot be installed when logged into the domain. Version 4.20A11 will install either way.

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
#189581 06/02/07 11:01 AM
There is one other thing nobody mentioned you can't have the Google or Yahoo toolbar installed for Emanager to work properly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,654 Shoretel
189,545 CTX100 install
187,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024