web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#193784 05/29/08 07:19 AM
OP Offline
I'm probably going to pull a local tech in on this (I do more Comdial), but how complicated (or is it possible) to print off a list of all extensions and what card/port they are connected to? On the Comdial side, I can just log in via the serial port and dump a list of all extensions and what phone type is connected.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I almost forgot to add.. It's a DK424.

Hi jcbailey, i believe the Dk424 was called a Ct in the Uk ,if this is so then providing the system has any of the following then you can print of an extn list, the system will need either a piou card or a rsiu card, you will then need a tty lead to connect to the card and the com port on a pc, then using hyper terminal in capture mode you can enter commands which will then output any part of the programming you need, the piou and rsiu will need to have been configured but hopefully this would have been done already.

Live Long and Prosper My Friends
OP Offline
Shoot.. I don't think it does... The only other cards besides CO or DKT cards is the IVP8 voice mail.. Guess I'll need a tech with a card then.. Ah well.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
It wouldn't be too hard to do via the programming phone.

In your case (being unfamiliar with Toshiba), a tech with a laptop/card would be the best bet.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
OP Offline
Sounds like what I'll be doing.. I just wanted to see if it was a "quick" thing to do (like a report). Thanks!

Is it possible for you to take a picture of the cards inside the cabinet and post a link ? then we can see what cards you have, another option you have is a long winded one but you could go to all the dkt extn points and plug a display phone in and dial #401 this will show you the extn number you are plugged into, then dial #402 and this will show you the port to which it is connected to, but if you have hundreds of extns this may take some time and this will not work on slt ports.

Live Long and Prosper My Friends
TEK Offline
Or...........you could use a dkt2020-sd phone on port 005 and log into program 04 and jot down each extension as you read the each port.

OP Offline
I ended up having a tech come in and dump them via serial port. It seemed that the admin software he was using was a tad buggy and obtuse.. :-) Reminds me of VMMI. I guess all the switch admin software has it's own oddities. Thanks!

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,406 Shoretel
189,166 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024