web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Our phone system is a CIX v AR5.20 with Stratagy DK 424i, with a combination of IP and digital sets. Inbound lines are 11 analog loops from a T1 concentrator thingy; the 11 lines are configured to hunt OK.

For quite some time it's been possible to forward extensions to cell phones via:

#6011 9 [cellnumber] #

However, there's a very annoying trend where forwarded calls often roll back to the auto-attendant. We just upgraded from the legacy CTX 100 to a new CPU board (I guess now we're a CIX?) and MOST programmed features worked fine. I wasn't watching when the tech did his thing, so it's feasible something slipped under the radar.

I can't duplicate this reliably, but seem to have narrowed it down a bit:

- If I dial our main line from an on-site extension ("out" then back "in"), the forwarding works consistently.
- If I dial our main line from a cell phone and dial the forwarded extension, it will "sometimes" forward. Even repeated attempts on the same extension will forward inconsistently.

I realize that dialing into our main number then being forwarded out is using two trunks; if there's a way around this I'd appreciate advice.

I noticed that 6 of 11 trunk lines are configured with Release Supervision "Not Received"; the others are "Received". Is it likely this setting is causing the problem? Do I need to reboot anything if I made this setting change to test it?

----
I.T. Geek by Trade
Telecom Newbie by Necessity
CIX 100 : ACTU AR5.20 MT067.00
and Stratagy IVP8
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It will be hit and miss on the 11 analog trunks.

I've seen where 100 or so calls work, but that one call that is important fails and the customer wants to rip the phone system out.

If you have 11 trunks in the system, why not get a PRI instead. The break even point is close to that...

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
So the auto attendant answers first, then you dial the extension you want and the auto attendant transfers you. And if the target extensions is call forwarded to an external number, your call should now ring the external number? Is this your situation?

OP Offline
Originally posted by phonemeister:
So the auto attendant answers first, then you dial the extension you want and the auto attendant transfers you. And if the target extensions is call forwarded to an external number, your call should now ring the external number? Is this your situation?
Yes: that's the expected behavior.

While watching the PBX during this, I see and hear the following:

• Relay "click" on the RCOU card.
  • Small red LED on the RCOU (indicates active inbound line I assume).
  • Stratagy IP answers, lights a green LED on the voicemail card.
  • Disk activity on the Stratagy while I hear the autoattendant greeting.
  • I dial the extension; autoattendant says "please hold while I try that extension."
  • Hear hold music for a few moments while the following happens.
  • See Stratagy green light go out; hear another relay click or two on the RCOU.
  • A second red LED lights for an active line on the RCOU very briefly, then it goes out.
  • Back to Stratagy IP answering with the main autoattendant menu.

It's acting as if there are no empty lines available, but during this test 30 minutes ago I had at least 5 open trunks.

Further: I dialed a voicemail box which was directed to an outside line (9,number): the same events happened. This is why I'm suspecting something awry with the line groups or trunks rather than the digital phone set.

----
I.T. Geek by Trade
and Stratagy IVP8
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Is there an H after the extension number in the extension field of the mailbox?

OP Offline
No, just the number. It has worked in the past without the H.

Maybe the upgrade from CTX100 to the CIX board added "features"?

----
I.T. Geek by Trade
and Stratagy IVP8
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Put the H in there and try it.

agreed.. the blind transfer should fix it

PBX Battery backup systems

www.telcom1.net
OP Offline
How do I make a "call forward external" do a blind transfer? This is about #6011 not working consistently.

Any thoughts on what it would cost hardware-wise to switch to a PRI? Does this mean pulling the RCOU cards and installing a single T1 card of some sort?

----
I.T. Geek by Trade
and Stratagy IVP8
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
The blind transfer refers to the voicemail. Put an H after the extension number in the mailbox.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 163 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024