web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi,

We have a customer with a CIX100 with BRI trunks.
An extn is using forced account codes to dial out and all users send their PDN for extension billing from the network.
The FAC extn is bypassing the LCR and Toshiba say that they will not look into it until we upgrade the switch software to latest (the usual answer). Before I go down this route (and find that we still have the problem) is there any programming I need to set up that will fix this?
The swtch is currently using MP027 software (old but this customer does not use IP.
Cheers
Rich

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Can you explain in more detail? I'm sorry but I don't understand the scenario you are describing and what you would like to accomplish.

OP Offline
Ok the extn is forced to use an account code to be able to make an outgoing call and we have since discovered that this is causing the extn to bypass least cost routing. The LCR is supplying the customer with an itemised bill per extension from the network provider. The extn uses account codes because it's in a classroom used for kids who have been excluded from lessons and can be unattended etc. My question is:

Is anyone aware of a way of forcing the extn through LCR?

If not does later software revisions fix it?

Is there a reasonable work around?

OP Offline
Sorry mate, I meant to put "many thanks" on the end but had an Iphone technical issue!

HI I have just tested this on 5.20 MT055 and calls are flowing through the LCR tables. I have had trouble with the extension number billing stuuf and rarely use it now but i can confirm my account code calls flowed through LCR

Cheers Chris
OP Offline
Thats great Chris. I will test this myself and let you know the outcome. Where are you based?

In Exeter fairly close to you smile

Cheers Chris
OP Offline
You work for SouthWest?
Upgraded the switch to MT53 today and all good. Tested through Digtrace and the FAC extn was sending extn number to network. We haven't got MT55 but I know that has been superseded as we have PPR logged for an ISDN30 issue.
Thanks for your help Chris.

Rich

Yes mate work for Southwest. Glad it worked

Cheers Chris

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (dans, Toner, Curlycord), 106 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024