web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello,

Please, Hook Switches for 3515-71 are needed.
Who can recommend place to buy them?
I saw here https://www.p1bcinc.com/vodavi/vodavi_sts.htm
that there is hook switch for this phone made out of improved plastic. But they unfortunately do not sell parts.

please, please, please...

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Oleg Uvarov

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Ok on the repair site I mentioned above it is reffered to as "hook switch". Other people reffer to the part I am looking for as "plunger".
What ever it is called - I need it. It is quite common problem for this particular phone. People stick their fingers to deep into the phone while hanging up by finger all the time.

Please I need several of thise parts!

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
I don't know of anyone right now who is selling that part on the open market. Older hook switches are available but not that one, as far as I know.

Perhaps a certified Vodavi dealer would have a line on those.

Good Luck.

OP Offline
Thank you JWRacedog!

May be you could suggest any of those dealers who more likely might have this part?
The dealer who sold me the system and phones does not exist anymore frown ...

Thanks again!

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Originally posted by JWRacedog:
Perhaps a certified Vodavi dealer would have a line on those.
No.

My only sugguestion would be to try Refurb Supplies, www.refurbsupplies.com

I do not believe they carry them, but the are very knowlegable and may be able to point you in the right direction.

If your users are hanging up with their fingers, perhaps you should program a release button. Maybe that will help prevent future problems.

No one has them as of yet, at least as far as I have been able to find out. That includes us. We can only rebuild them if the original is sent in with the phone.
I do know of a supplier who is going to be having them manufactured, but they are not yet available.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Confirmation:

These parts are NOT available, even to dealers regardless of their status. I confirmed this as recently as a month ago and we are a certified Gold dealer. Oleg, you as an end-user may consider calling Vodavi at 480-443-6000 and ask for someone in the sales department. Explain your situation and perhaps they can point you in the right direction.

You always have the option of sending the phones in for repair to a company such as Priority One who can modify or improve the sets for you. They will also perform any other needed upgrades as a part of their normal repair operation. Most repair facilities are somewhat limited since these parts are not available. They are failing due to misuse of the button by finger pressure, not because of the phone. People are simply pressing the button too far down too many times.

This is always due with our customers using headsets without having the phones programmed properly to support them. This is an age-old problem and I will bet that this is your case as well.

Another repair source, Aztec Capital in Orange, Connecticut may be able to assist but their turnaround time for repairs might be a bit too much for you to handle.

Regardless of the repair facility you choose, you always have the ability to send one phone in at a time so your operation can maintain limited operation during repair transit.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I thought that I would provide an update here. Refurb Supplies is having some custom manufactured for them. Their replacement will actually be better than the original (less easy to break out). We helped them with the design.
<EDIT>
Refurb Supplies should have some in stock in about 3-4 weeks.

Anyone hear an update on this? I am looking for some as well. I called refurb supplies but they didn't seem to have a part # for it in there system. Anyone else have any luck locating a supplier?

Did you indicate to Refurb Supplies that you are looking for the plunger itself or the actual switch? They might be more familiar with that terminology. I am assuming that this is the part you are seeking since it's a common problem in the early-release phones.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 86 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024