web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I am trying to set up music on hold in the Vodavi 2.1 phone system. Let that alone, now the hold button on the phones doesn't work. All I did was to go to maint->COS->page 7 choose queuing and music on hold. I have set up the VOX files under d:\pathfinder\hellont\vox directory just as the help manual described. Needless to say the music on hold never happened. I restarted the system several times. Still the hold button on the phones doesn't work. BTW, the OS is Windows XP ME. I'd appreciate your kind help.
Thanks
Murthy

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
The music on hold option on the voice mail has nothing to do with the music on hold for the phone system (the music that the callers will hear).

We'll need to know the specific Vodavi phone system that you are using in order to assist. Get the model number from the label on the system cabinet. Then, go to any phone with a display and dial 605. This will show you the current software level. Once we have this information, we can give you better direction.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Hi Admin
Here are the details:

Vodavi 3000-00
Eng. Ver. 2.20 - 2FE3
XTS Basic

Here is an update on the hold feature. The caller is put on hold but the button on the Vodavi phones is not lighting up.

I am very grateful for your kind help.
Murthy

The hold button shouldn't light up, either the line key or the Loop button would be flashing, this means the call is on hold!! The MOH gets connected to either the correct pair on the MISB or a unused CO line.

OP Offline
I am trying to connect to MISB (has 2 serial ports) using Hyperterm PE. I don't see any Vodavi logo. I am not in a position to use WinDBA. Is there some way I can enable MOH?

I have seen a thread in this group that talks about how to hook up the wintel audio-out port to the PBX. Unfortunately there are no specific tips.

I'd appreciate your kind help.
Murthy

From reading the post I am getting that you are unfamiliar with the Vodavi XTS system and the questions you are asking are installer level questions. Your best bet would be to contact a local Vodavi/Vertical vendor and have them take care of this.

And just so you know you can not connect to the serial ports on the MISB to program it is the serial port on the MPB. You can enable MOH by entering programming via the phone(first port) but i will tell you by default that it is enabled I believe you just need someone to tell you the Jumper connection from the MISB which is Black/Blue on the tail.

OP Offline
Hi Oobie

I tried connecting to the serial port using Hyperterm PE with various settings on the baud, flow control, parity, etc. But nothing worked.

Now I have resigned to use the hold message on the Pathfinder. The manual says one can use upto 9 messages by placing the VOX files in the hellont\vox directory. Can you please tell me the exact path? I tried placing the files in the d:\pathfinder\vox directory along with the system VOX files.

Thanks for your kind help

Murthy

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
As Ed stated, the Pathfinder MOH has nothing to do with the XTS MOH. You'll need to use a MOH port and a third party MOH device for this task.

The VOX files in the Pathfinder are only for calls that are physically being held within the Pathfinder itself, as in with ACD applications or supervised transfers.

A call placed on hold by a phone user will never have any relationship with the files in the voice mail. Music on hold requires the physical wired connection that was mentioned, along with a third-party music source.

Don't waste your time with the two serial ports on the MISB; they are outputs for printers, etc., not programming interfaces.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Hi Ed

I would like your feedback on
a) the format of hold files (VOX, MP3, WAV, etc.)
b) the path where the hold files are placed on the
Windows XP ME hard drive

I understand what you are saying. Right now our
provider is saying two things:

a) they don't know about Pathfinder's hold

b) they want to charge us every time we want to change the VOX file. This can add up to $500 per
change! All we want to do is play a message that changes by the day.

Thanks & Regards
Murthy

ps: I tried serial connection to MBP using
Hyperterm PE with various baud, flow, stopbit,etc. settings. Still nothing worked--no Vodavi logo.
I have also used a port monitor to see if the
MBP is sending a login challenge prompt...nada, zip

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (dans, Toner, Curlycord), 106 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024