Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
James,I don't think it would be in-appropriate to give us an idea of the cost of an hour or two of 'retribution calls'. Esp if you put it in Phone Booth or Installers. OR hey, why not the For Sale thread! smile John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hawk82, for Ed's sake I hope you are incorrect.

I love the vehicle warranty people:

"This is an important message! Your vehicle's warranty is about to expire, blah blah blah...

{operator comes on line}

"May I have your name?"

~~ "No."

*operator hangs up on me*

Either this scam is getting old or my repeated bluntness has resulted in an internal DNC memo for our phone number.

Jack

The question is more important than the answer.
Actually because of the overly rampant abuse of call centers using programs like the vehicle warranty thing the FTC has made all non-human answered cold-calling illegal come september.

So, expect it to get worse before it gets better as everyone attempts to "cash-in" before they are forced to find a different business model.

As far as a retribution dialing it's not a service I really plan to offer. As far as money goes it cost me about $100 in long distance fee's and 3 hours of my time. 2-hours of it was spent laughing.

As far as a retribution dialing it's not a service I really plan to offer. As far as money goes it cost me about $100 in long distance fee's and 3 hours of my time. 2-hours of it was spent laughing.
So this was time well spent. :toast:

Mike

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Originally posted by Kumba:
A...2-hours of it was spent laughing.
Sooooo, would you charge for the laughing time? Or would that be a "Fringe Benefit" of your job? Then again that might be considered a "Taxable Benefit".
:rofl:

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Is it possible that someone stole your identity...

Wow, ya think some poor guy stole Ed's identity? :scratch:

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Originally posted by hbiss:
Wow, ya think some poor guy stole Ed's identity?

:scratch:

-Hal
If they did, then they are quickly finding out that the joke is on them!

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
The laughing was a fringe benefit. smile

Hmmm, you know $100 seems QUITE reasonable. There've been times I would have been up for $200!
You and me both, Ed. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
According to www.donotcall.gov

"Your registration will not expire. Telephone numbers placed on the National Do Not Call Registry will remain on it permanently due to the Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007, which became law in February 2008. Read more about it at https://www.ftc.gov/opa/2008/04/dncfyi.shtm"

Therefore, if you were previously registered on the Do Not Call list, you still are.

Registrations of active numbers never expired, since the listings were made permanent prior to the expiration of any listings. Numbers that have been disconnected or reassigned are purged from the list.

Any telemarketing calls from companies that you do not have a business relationship with, or have not requested contact from, are illegal, with the usual exceptions for non-profits and political bottom-feeders.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,395 Shoretel
189,119 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 88 guests, and 418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024