web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I am trying to setup a third MOH port using an available CO port on the system. This is a Mach 1 FP3 and I have 12 CO ports with 1-8 in use and currently ports 9-12 open. According to the book I should be able to access System Parms with Flash 09 and program MOH channels 3-8 via buttons 13-18, btw I am accessing system via serial port so I am using the appropriate conversion and when I put in any of those button options the system does not recognize the entry. If I print System Parms and view the Music channels it looks like this: MUSIC CHANNEL[3..8] CO - 255 255 255 255 255 255. Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Try programming through the phone, not the win interface. Hope this helps.

OP Offline
Thanks for the tip I'll give that a try.

OP Offline
Just tried accessing via phone set and when I try to press any of the MOH channel buttons, 13 thru 18 the phone just beeps back like I selected something incorrectly. Is there somewhere else in the system, like CO programming but I didn't see anything there that needs to be programmed up first before they are accessible thru program 09?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Programming Steps
1. Press the MUSIC CH # FLEX button (FLASH 09, Button #1 through #6). The following
message displays:
X= 3-8
YYY = CO Line number
2. Enter a valid number (001-144) that corresponds to the CO line number desired.
3. Press HOLD to save the entry. A confirmation tone is heard

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
I'll have to give that a try, according to the book it says to access the channels via buttons 13 thru 18. I just looked at my Vodavi Mach 1 programming cd and it does show them via buttons 1-6 as you've pointed out. I always thought my hardcopy and the cd where the same, apparently not. In the book it also shows a circuit setup with some caps, resistors and external power supply. Is that really necessary to make the moh work via a CO port. Will it work with either 24 or 48 volts? Thanks for all your help.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
The channels were accessible via buttons 1-6 and the small circuit setup worked per instructions. I used a 48 volt supply and non-polarized caps and that setup worked well. Thanks to all that took time to get me going in the right direction, I appreciate it.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,316 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 143 guests, and 355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024