web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Does anybody have a cheat sheet on enabling call forward off premise on a Digital Talkpath. Customer has employees who have a mailbox but no phone to be able to forward calls to their cellphones and talk in real time. I had a cheat sheet from Vodavi but cant find it. I believe you have to change the Registry thru ecom.

Thank You

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
The tech support method is to create a Command File with the CO Flash transfer commands (best audio) and add the phone number to dial. Then assign the mailbox to run the command file.

We also figured out how to create a universal CF that can use the mailbox owner's notification number. But that is a little more tricky.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The easiest way to do this is to have an off net forwarded virtual extension for each virtual mailbox/aa extension.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
This is on an XTS Ver.1.16 with front ended AA. The call will hit the AA with Menu 100,120. When transfered to the person's mailbox the V.M. literally will have to do a conference. It has been so long ago I don't have the paperwork.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Upgrade that baby to at least 2.23 and save yourself a lot of headaches trying to do this. 1.16 does not have virtual extensions.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
2.23 is quite important. And, if you have analog lines you need to tell the customer he needs to order call transfer on all lines. Don't even try to use a trunk to trunk conference unless you have T1/PRI. You will have nothing but complaints. Even with digital trunks you can have a problem with line supervision and disconnect. I had a call center account where all the reps decided it was faster to hookflash and dial 9 to grab another line rather hanging up first. I even provided SLTs with positive hookswitch disconnect but they managed to work around that and really screw up their system. Saving those 3 seconds per retry caused all their lines to busy out at times and sometimes the T1 even had to be reset to clear the lines.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 115 guests, and 232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024