web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have a Vodavi Staplus, and am trying to enable off net call forwarding to an outside telephone number. Per the userguide and I dialing 640 + * + speed bin number (9019); However, it seems like phone isn't accepting the 640 code, I tried using the fwd button as well, but the button doesn't seem to work as the phone does nothing when I push it... help..?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Are you lifting the handset or pushing the the on/off key before dialing 640 per the user guide?

-TJ-
OP Offline
Yes...

OP Offline
I've also tried using 603 from another userguide i found online, however same result

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Which Starplus do you have? This doesn't work on the early EX or Flex series.

OP Offline
Staplus STS SP-3515-71... I would imagine it should work on this one, as I have the original user guide w/ instructions on how to program unit to do the off net forwarding... ?

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
At what point do you get an error tone?
Does Speed + 9019 work to dial the number that you entered?
Has your installer modified any feature codes? It is good to do so when a feature code matches a local office code.
What is the model number on the KSU? (you have given the P/N of the phone).

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

It should work the way you are using it, however you could try... on / off, fwd (fixed fwd button), * , 9019.
If that fails, try putting the fwd number in speed bin 9020 or higher at the attendant station.

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
good suggestion Adteldon there was a bug in one of the versions of the STS if I remember correctly with the speed bins being used for off net forwarding.

I actually thought that you had to have the Speed Bin on a button then you would:

On/off
FWD
touch the speed bin (you get confirmation beep and screen display Fwd to Bin 9XXX)

OP Offline
The KSU is SFB 406605. (i think)

I tried doing both * (fwd button & 640), 9019

Loaded the number I want calls to be forwarded to on bin 9020 (repeated above process),

Then I tried Oobie's idea; preprgrammed the speed bin number on a flex button and tried of on/off FWD/640 and flex button w/ speed bin #
but it seems that with each time I tried doing this the line just wanted to speed dial that number, there was no confirmation tone that all calls would be forwarded

It seems like the error is coming as soon as I try to activate the FORWARD button or function. Is the forward button supposed to be lit? Mine has never light up at any time during this process... frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,099 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, Toner), 178 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024