web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
BradM Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all, it's me again

I've diagnosed as many things as I possibly can, and can't come up with a way to solve this. Only thing I haven't done is a full reset, and that's only going to happen if someone thinks it'll help.

Incoming Line 2 never makes it to any of the handsets. I've swapped the incoming cable to other lines and get dialtone with the correct phone #. I've also tried other incoming cables into line 2 and still get nothing.

We only have 4 lines coming in, so I can easily use one of the spare 2, but it gets a bit confusing since our main two phone lines in are now split between 1 & 3.

Anyone have an idea on how to solve this other than replacing the KSU (or replacing it and getting it fixed as a spare)?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Do you have a Vodavi 616 Flex? Or is this a newer system. I'll answer as if you have a 616 Flex. Sounds as if port number 2 on the KSU (steel cabinet) is bad. The only thing you can do is to put line two into port three, line three into port 4, line 4 into port 5. On your phones you would have an empty line appearance where line two was.

Now--Ports 1, 3 & 4 are programmed to do something maybe---but we don't know about port 5. It will have to be programmed if there are some things that don't work right on port 5.

Also---Ports 1, 3 & 4 are programmed to ring at certain phones---port 5 is perhaps not programmed to ring where you want it to ring.

If you don't have a manual or you've never programmed this system--perhaps you're going to need some help from a local Vodavi tech.

You can go ahead and reset the system--most of the time, it won't hurt anything---but be careful. This is an older system and the memory may not hold the programming if it's shut off. It all depends on if the KSU has a lot of customization to it, or if everything is at default.

I'd get the number of a technician who knows this system and keep it ready. Best case scenario is you're not going to have line appearance two. If that's a big deal---look at replacing the KSU.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
If you can press the line 2 key and get nothing but line 2 shows up on the display you have a bad port. Resetting will not fix this problem. I have had them refuse to release a line, it stays lit and a reset will usually fix that. You can also plug a toner into the port, and hear it if the port is good.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
if having a blank between line one and two bothers you move 1 to 3 and use 3,4,5,and 6 leaving 1&2 blank

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
If its a 616 Flex, your line 2 button can easily
be reprogrammed for a different line using *05
programming.

Paul Mac Manus
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
The 616FLEX was a grey cabinet. The 616EX was black. The EX doesn't permit flex button programming while the Flex as Paul says, does. The basic programming was so easy that I could still do ring assignments without even cracking the manual.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

BradM Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, it's a 616Flex.

Thanks for the info everyone. Was hoping this was a common problem and had an easy solution (ie: component X is usually the culprit, replace it)

I do have the full manual, and may investigate re-arranging the lines using *05, but for now, we just have a gap at line 2.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, Toner, Curlycord), 135 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024