web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi guys. This is probably simple. I have 30 lines. 20 lines for company A, 5 lines for company B, and 5 lines for company C.

Company A goes to Menu 100.

Company B goes to Menu 300.

Company C goes to Menu 500.

The problem that its doing is on Company C. When all the lines are used up, it will not play Menu 500 greeting but plays Menu 100 greeting. How do I make the system go back to Menu 500 greeting if all lines are taken.

Thank you for any help. Very much appreciate it.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
If the 5 lines for company C are rolling over to company A when they are busy there is nothing you can do about it.

Personally I would switch to a PRI circuit and then it would make no difference which channel the calls come in on.

OP Offline
So I have to contact the phone company ? to make them roll over the last number to the first number?

for example:

line one is 222-1111
line two is 222-2222
line three is 222-3333
line four is 222-4444
line five is 222-5555

Currently it goes down the line. So I have to instruct them that if line 222-5555 is busy, it goes back to line one 222-1111 which is the main line?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
How do you have thirty lines on an STS? The max is 28 with a PRI. With analog lines it is 24.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
I was just giving an example, I don't necessary have 30 lines. Sorry for the confusion

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
What type of voice mail is it?

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

OP Offline
pathfinder

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
That is just circular hunting that you order from your service provider. Ask them to set the hunting order so that the last member hunts to the first, essentially creating a circle for each company. True, if all numbers in the hunt group are busy, the subsequent callers will receive a busy signal. As Skip said, there's no way around this condition unless you have all of the lines delivered via ISDN-PRI service.

This is a very common request since people often rely upon the caller ID information of the call that they missed to return the call.

It's really quite simple.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
hello again. Sorry to bring this up.

I was able to get the phone company to change the hunt group however I am having an issue with reprogramming the additional line.

To recap:

have a vodavi sts with pathfinder. There are 3 companies on this system.

Company A has 10 lines goes to menu 100

Company B has 5 lines goes to menu 300

Company C has 3 Lines goes to menu 500.

I had the phone company take one line from Company A and add it to Company C hunting group.

So now Company C has 4 lines so if all lines are used then the last number will get a busy signal.

Well i'm having an issue with when the line that I move over to Company C, when that line is used, it plays Company A voice greeting. I would like it to play Company C voice greeting.

I checked the CO line programming and that line is in the same line group as all the other company C lines.

How do I go about changing it? any help is appreciated.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Being in the same group isn't the issue...that has more to do with outgoing than how the calls ring. You need to makes the line ring to the same extension or vm group as the rest of the lines for company c. Check ring assignment in flash 40 programming.

www.myrandomviews

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, nortelvoip), 189 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024