web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm a Notel/Avaya guy who got roped into an NEC Electra 120.....

I've got a customer that was given an Electra 120. They would like to be able to dial 9 to grab 1 of the 8 COs to dial out on. Seems simple enough. Here's what was done:

I verified the 1 digit access code which grabs Trunk Group 1, I also verified that Trunk Group 1 contains CO1-8. Line Key selection is Telephone Mode and Line Key Selection for Telephone Mode is setup for line buttons TRK GRP 01.

However, when dialing a 9, the screen displays "error" and you get a fast busy. I know I'm missing something ridiculously easy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

the nec is a little different than nortel/avaya/lucent/at&t (or whatever their name is this week)

it sounds like the lines do NOT appear on the phones.

on the above if a line doesn't appear on the phone it "lands" on the intercom keys. NOT SO with the nec! it needs some place to "land" the call. in the nec world it is called cap (short for call appearance) keys.

some more reading here:
https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/Forum14/HTML/000075.html
https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/Forum14/HTML/000482.html

the trunks (by default unless someone changed it) should have already been in trunk group 1 (dial 9). this is program 3-03

now you'll have to either assign all of the lines to all of the phones OR use cap keys, or a combo of both.

if you go the cap keys route, you'll need to know that if someone puts a call on line 1 on hold the other phones with cap keys do not see it! the call will have to be parked or transferred to the ext needed.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,316 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
C5Z 2
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024