Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#234094 05/15/07 09:12 PM
OP Offline
OK, HERES THE DEAL

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#234095 05/15/07 09:14 PM
OP Offline
OK, I entered 9110 (110 is the station with management access) and it asks for security code. I typed what I know the code to be that works on the phone and I still cant hit ctrl-d or ctrl-g or anything else? Only F1-F5 work. Also, confirm that when typing the security code I dont get any response (like ***, there is no movement at all)

Looks like I need to get NEC involved....

Still open to suggestons!

#234096 05/20/07 09:31 PM
Okay, from the TUI...

When you log in from a phone, using touch-tones...

Log into mailbox 110. You may have a menu on softkeys, a spoken menu, or yes/no prompts.

SOFTKEYS:
Press MORE, MGR, CHBX.
It will say "Please enter the extension number."
press 9696.
It will say, "Extension 9696 -- would you like to delete the security code?"
Press 1 for yes.
If it says that that extension does not have a mailbox, and asks if you want to add one, press 2 and hang up. You will not be able to use this method.

MENU:
Press 0 for System Manager Options.
Press 4 for "Change a Mailbox.
Press 9696. Follow instructions above.

YES/NO:
Press 2 for no until "System Manager Options?"
Press 1.
Press 2 until "Change a mailbox?"
Press 1.
When prompted, press 9696. Continue as above.

If it never offers you system manager options, or if any part of these instructions do not match what you experience, then stop, hang up, and call NEC at 1-800-852-4632. They should refer you to a qualified NEC tech who can help you.

I used to know a good NEC guy on E 35th St ... company was CTXI, CVTI, something like that... the tech's name was Alex. Happy hunting.

#234097 05/21/07 09:46 PM
OP Offline
THANKS! I will try that. I tried something similar to method #3. I didnt type 9696 I type 632, it idicated the mailbox was there but wouldnt let me delete it. Where did 696 come from (I thought 632 was the admin box ie: NEC on the touchpad.)

#234098 05/24/07 06:25 AM
Hello. I, too, am having a problem with the NEC Elitemail. I am trying to reset a voicemail box back to "start over" status - I am able to log in to management functions at my desk phone, I am able to DELETE and SET UP NEW mailbox for the extension that needs to be changed (previous person died - can't get any passwords from him) but even though the system announces that the "mailbox is reset" to new, or has been deleted and set up again (I've tried it both ways...) when someone dials into the voicemail system FROM the extension that is supposedly "reset" - it asks for a personal security code. The management system reports that "no security code is set for this extension." It is SUPPOSED to step through setting up a new mailbox - I thought - but it won't do it. We terminated the vendor of this FINE piece of cr.. I mean hardware, with extreme prejudice so we aren't going to get any help from them. I tried to get some advice from NEC as this MUST be a simple thing I just don't have a manual for, but they REFUSE to help their customers. I'm hoping that someone here might know this. Thanks.

#234099 05/24/07 10:11 AM
As far as calling NEC and getting help they are not going to help an end user that is what the dealers are for, if your dealer was not helping you find a new one or send a complaint to NEC about them. Does your voicemail have a default Security code for all new users, most NEC voicemail systems installed in the last few years have a default Security code. If your system requires a default Security code, you will not be able to get to the setup menu until you enter the default Security code.

#234100 05/24/07 05:03 PM
Mitch,

I would suggest going to the NEC website at www.neccare.com and clicking the "find a reseller" link. This should give you a list of NEC dealers in your area, and you can select one (whom you haven't ejected from the site) from that list. You might also look for an NEC dealer on this board, from your area.

There may also be some literature tucked away somewhere from the original install. Usually this winds up in some receptionist's desk drawer, filed under either "T" for telephone, "P" for phones, or under the name of the telephone vendor. If you can get into the receptionist's drawers, you might find the original instructions, including the default passcodes.

You may also have the option to delete a passcode without creating a new one (though a new one should be created ASAP for security reasons).

NEC tech support will not, usually, help a non-certified caller (except with time and date), but they may point you to a VAR in your area.

#234101 05/24/07 05:12 PM
These voicemail systems used a default password in some later revisions. If you PM me, I may be able to point you in a direction that could help you. You can delete passwords all day long, and even keep resetting, but it won't help if it is one of those type of revisions.

Scott.

#234102 05/24/07 05:16 PM
You can't post the default password in this thread? ( I was about to)

Just curious as why? It gets changed as soon as a user sets up their mailbox. I know there were issues of hacked VM boxes to dial international numbers etc... is this why?

D

#234103 05/25/07 02:56 AM
Doghart,

That is certainly one of the best reasons why. Although users are ALWAYS encouraged to set or change passwords, we all know this doesn't happen in many cases.

Also, since this forum is open to anyone doing a google search, it is to protect those without the knowledge on how to navigate the programming of a phone system access to potentially destructive areas of their code. Trust me that no one would be thanked for their assistance in that case.

I hope that makes things clearer. Our intent is never to thwart a user from having their system operate as they wish, but to make sure they get there safely.

Stacey

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,903 Shoretel
189,995 CTX100 install
188,224 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 64 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024