web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a customer with 2 Aspires 7.32 with a couple of IP Phones that were working fine until the made some changes to the fire wall .The phones come up and are kind of half working the say "network busy" you can not make or recieve calls but they do show the extension number and when you call the extension it ring and you can see the caller id but when you answer the call you get a busy signal and the call drops

Any Thoughts

JD

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well it depends on what changes were made to the firewall. These are pretty temper mental. Make sure they did not remove any port forwarding for the IP sets. Are you doing NAT or VPN? Also check each phone for speed and duplex. Set all phones to 100M instead of AUTO. This helps with these phones!

I suspect the firewall is blocking ports for RTP and RTCP. The phone is connecting to the network, and the signalling is working fine - the voice traffic is carried by the RTP/RTCP protocol, usually defaulted to run on port 5060-5061.

OP Offline
How do I set all the phone to 100M .Iam not sure where this is thru the phone or thru PC PRO

OP Offline
I found where to change the the speed & duplex

I can barley read the display (another issue)

but it did not make a difference .

from what I understand the data company did not make any changes to the fire wall on the side where the ip phones are pointing to, but he did change the other side .

OP Offline
one more thing I thought was strange .the phone is set for DHCP and I have the IP Address of the CPU in option 2 when the phone comes up it has and ip address and gateway comming from the from the VPN Router

Are the phones working on VPN or NAT?

Aspire only works on VPN

If you can call the phone, and it rings, then the phone is registered to the server, and the signalling protocol is working.

I still suggest your problem is most likely in a firewall at one end of the circuit or the other, that is not allowing the RTP/RTCP protocols to pass.......

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 110 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024