web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#250580 04/25/05 10:41 AM
OP Offline
Is it possible to connect to a win98 or win 2000 via XP? If so, please feel free to explain how :}
Also if PC anywhere was on the machine would it need to be shut off, or can they run simultaneously?

[This message has been edited by OhioTelecom (edited April 25, 2005).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#250581 04/25/05 10:59 AM
It depends on what you're trying to do. Netmeeting is included in 98, 2000, and XP, does a fair job of remote desktop. If you're using PC Anywhere on some, just load it on the others and you're in business.

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
#250582 05/01/05 10:33 AM
Citrix metaframe can do it. Probably would just be easier and cheaper to use PCAnywhere if your requirements aren't data intensive or long term.

I've actually termed in via Citrix, fired up PCAnywhere on that machine and sessioned into other computers and PBX's that way too!

Ahhh. What a wonderfull, complicated world we live in.

#250583 05/01/05 03:14 PM
There is a program called VNC that is free and will do exactly what you want. It was originally developed by AT&T.

https://www.realvnc.com/

The software runs as a daemon on the machine that you want to control. The daemon must be running in the background in order to connect. You can configure it to run on startup. On the machine that you will work at, you run the "VNC Viewer" application and type in the machine name or IP address of the machine you wish to control.

This solution works great for networks behind a firewall. You don not want the VNC service to be facing an internet connection though. It is not considered secure. Also, VNC will not work through a firewall unless you specifically forward the port from the firewall to the machine to be controlled. Again, this is not recommended.

If you need to control the machine from a remote location, you can use the free service from logmein.com. It works through firewalls and you can add as many computers as you'd like to the account. I use this for a lot of my clients.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions. I've used these systems a lot.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 113 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024