web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
UltraVNC Singleclick is a nice program to have, the only down side is the client program has the IP's to connect back to hardcoded into it. I have one that I can email to a customer or one of my tech's in the field and it pushes back to my office PC, works nicely, it is quick, and the price can't be beat.

I had a trial version of LogMeIn Pro and never used any of the extra features, I didn't notice when I was cut back down to the free version, except for the banner changing. I have been using the free one for about six months now, it even supports multiple monitors on the remote end.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I'm not familiar with TeamViewer, but the "install" client side seems about the same, BomGar is the same trip. I like GoToAssist simply because it has feeatures (which they may all have now) that really come in handy like rebooting the client computer into Safe Mode, and you get a full hardware diagnostic to tell you what hardware you're dealing with, and yo ucan share your own screen. Like I say maybe all of the other options (sans VNC) can do this...I love VNC, but only while in a LAN. It's fast slick and you can fastpush an install on a LAN if you got a machine with no user or no keyboard/mouse. I need to checkout TeamViewer.

Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I have used Teamviewer as well, but I need a connection that doesn't require a person there. As far as LogMeIn, I wanted the remote printing, file transfer, and add users feature, which I just found out costs more to have the multiple users. So I think I will just settle for the LogMeIn free version.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally posted by junkbox:
I use Citrix GoToAssist, but I'm supporting 60+ users. LogMeIn is fine for what it is. Bomgar is also kinda cool if you have to support Blackberrys or Windows Mobile as well. I would only use VNC within a network, because it is open source, there have been instances in the past with various flavors of VNC being vulnerable to outside attack (cause you gotta poke holes in th erouter as well, same with RDP). If i need to get into a network segment, I'll RDP into the terminal server then VNC my way around the LAN. I've just had bad experiences with an out facing VNC box. GoToAssist ain't as cheap as $250 a year, but you get some decent reporting out of it to bill back customers, and you can reboot in safemode, and stay connected, you can have multiple sessions, set up unattended support, get diagnostic info etc.
I know it's a redundant post, but I couldn't have stated it any better... so consider this a "x2" for this smile

GoToAssist is super easy for the end user/customer. You email them a link or tell them to go to "fastsupport.com" and give them a key. Within minutes you're connected and have full access to their machine. The file transfers work seamless and it's easy to chat too.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Z-man Offline OP
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
OP Offline
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I got LogMeIn to refund my money after I found out that buying the pro version didn't allow me to add users. I figured out another work around for each site, and the LogMeIn free version works just fine. I have about $125 into hardware for the remote PC. It has pretty much paid for itself already. I wish I would have thought of this sooner, but then again, at the time, hardware was more expensive.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
I just saw the Bomgar product in use. Pretty slick!

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I use log me in, free, but I do pay for the Logme in central.

Central allows me to provide deployment links for other techs to install the program for me, and I can make user accounts for all of our staff to use logmein free.

Fot eh people that need help on the spot, I use teamviewer as well.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,389 Shoretel
189,103 CTX100 install
187,417 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024