Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#258229 05/30/08 04:03 AM
jroe Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a Key voice system in which the power supply, motherboard,hard drive and dialogic board are fried. We replaced all these parts. We had recently saved an image from last friday which included all files on the hard drive. We are able to remove the dongle and keep the system in demo mode where it works. If we put the dongle back on we get error 6309: Board is not configured for this program. Unfortunately, since I am not a vertical tech, I cannot contact their tech support.

Also even in the image I took, No numlines.txt or switches.txt files exist, however it did work before. We used Windows PE to pull the image, and it did include all hidden and system files.

Please provide any help you can.

Thanks,

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#258230 05/30/08 10:31 AM
Admin
Admin
Depending on the voice mail model you could have several issues. Key Voice had a verify board option on the security keys for some models and would only boot up if the board was purchased through them. You said you replaced the board so that could be one problem. You could have BIOS issues as well as board issues. It would be hard to nail this one down as there are so many variables..I've never seen a power supply, motherboard, hard drive and dialogic baord all blow at once.

[Linked Image]
#258231 06/02/08 04:23 AM
jroe Offline OP
OP Offline
Well unfortunately we recieved quite a lightning strike. We tested the power supply by jumpering the power good to ground. Thepower supply didnt light. We knew the motherboard was blown, due to the fact that there was a hole burned through the top of one of the ROM chips. The hard drive wont spin up in the new machine. After removing the rubber jacket on the outside, there was evidence of heat related damage to the motherboard. The dialogic board was no longer recognized by the driver. Upon replacing the dialogic board, we were able to get the driver to recognize the dialogic board. We could not however get this new dialogic board to work with full functionality in the Key voice system. We found another DOS Based voicemail system, comet, which we are able to get to work completely. Unfortunately Key still will not. It unfortunately seems like noone knows how or wants to help service this system. We have even recieved laughs along with a we will be happy to get you a new voice mail system from most of the people we have called.

It is difficult to justify spending six thousand dollars on a VM system, when this money was spent within the last ten years, and the people who were supposed to provide service to us went out of business, and noone else wants to provide service.

Fortunately we have some of the brightest available minds in our tech support department.

#258232 06/02/08 02:28 PM
Hi JRoe

When you say you have saved an image from last friday which included all files on the hard drive.

The only files you require M directory P directory and you must make sure that you have the following in the VM directory .

all *.LNK files ( look like shortcuts )
all *.KVL files
all *.dvm files
all *.cfg files
BOX.DIR
Trans.txt
Trans.day
Trans.nit
Trans.hol
Trans.lun

if you have a backup of these files and you build a new system these files are only required. Try not to restore all files Key voice is not that reliable.

What type of dialogic card you using ?

have you changed PCI/ISA slots

#258233 06/09/08 02:31 AM
jroe Offline OP
OP Offline
Well its a dialogic/4. We replaced the motherboard so It is a different ISA slot. Like I said though, we can get it to work in demo mode. I think someone mentioned it being a problem with the card not being married to the software, something to do with numlines.txt and some other text file.

Thanks,

#258234 06/15/08 06:29 PM
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Joe,

if you still having issues, call me. I can help you out.

Z-man

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,295
Posts638,837
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,645 Shoretel
189,531 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Soulece, justbill, Toner), 157 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024