Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
Everything is working ok for the most part thanks to your advice and tips. I still need to get this call transfer or 3-way calling mastered. I have tried it a couple of different ways with no success yet. I'll keep you posted.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
To clarify, I think what I actually need to do is a (flash hook) type call transfer. From what I have seen about the SFX cards in the channel bank, it is mentioned that it can.

TDS Offline
have xo reconfig to 24 loop start lines each channel to have its own number. config each channel to be loopstart same as reg phoneline
What xo is sending requires a pbx or key system to translate the incoming 4 digits to route to a ext that has the the same digits.or is translated
as for the t-1 siganal it can be what ever, d4 esf
just has long as the channel bank matchs xo
do not put lines in a hunt group, then these lines
should act just like reg pots lines. Or buy a phone system that can have t-1 & analog exts then when a call came in, no matter what channel it comes in on will be routed to the modem that has that did #
Hope this helps

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
Currently, I do not have a KSU or PBX I can work with. If I did, how would this new setup help me? How could I connect the channel bank to it?Also, would the new configuration allow me to transfer calls?

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
Is 3 way calling or hook-flash a technology reserved just for POTS lines?

TDS Offline
please discribe what you would like this to do
ie call to ###_#### is anwser by modem #1 and gives the caller a choice of options and by there anwser the ivr is to tranfer or do some other action with this call. and were is this call going.to.

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
I would like a caller to be able to select from a menu option. They could select "0" to speak to an operator. Most of the calls I anticipate would be transferred to mobile agents cell phones.

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
That sounds a bit vague, let me clarify. A call comes in through the channel bank. A modem answers the call on the line that they called and a menu is played to the caller. The caller selects from the options presented. At any time the caller would like to exit the system and speak to a live agent, they can press "0" or another key. At any rate, I believe most of the transfers will go to remote offices and mobile workers via cell phone.

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
By the way, as a result of the expertise of the knowledgebase that is this Sundance Communications forum (you included), I have gotten super information that has helped me greatly. In fact, as far as last night was concerned, I was absolutely clueless and none of my equipment worked like I had hoped. Now however, my equipment works properly, I can make and receive calls etc. etc. The last barricade I face is transferring calls. That too I think will be defeated by this tremendous group of knowledgeable individuals.

Unicode Offline OP
OP Offline
I have another idea that maybe could work. Since I can dial into the T1 using an analog phone, is there a code I can use to access the next open line? Like *98 or something like that. For example, what if I wanted the calls to be transferred inside of the phone numbers associated with the T1? Is there a code for that? Something I can dial to access an open line?

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,725 Shoretel
189,768 CTX100 install
187,924 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 75 guests, and 328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024