web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#27704 02/28/02 04:59 PM
OP Offline
If you responded earlier PLEASE respond again since the server seems to have eaten my original issue and your responses.

The problem I am having is that we have a DXP integrated with a Corporate office voice mail and every external call that rings in and gets the auto attendant seizes all eight ports. The active call is really only on one port but the other seven ports stay off-hook for the entire caller's duration.

I have checked the voice mail "seconds of silence to end recording" and it is set for only 4 seconds.

I have noticed that if a voice mail subscriber is inside the office location and calls to retrieve messages, only the port he or she is on is activated.

What else should we look for in order to correct the problem with either the voice mail or DXP?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Check you hunt group to see if you have them set up right.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
the voice mail extensions and hunting are:
Port Ext Hunt to
1 1041 1042
2 1042 1043
3 1043 1044
4 1044 1045
5 1045 1046
6 1046 1047
7 1047 1048
8 1048 1041

Any other recommendations?

Here is a solution that might help. Try setting up the ringing on the voicemail ports as lines 1,3,5,7...etc ring on odd ports and lines 2,4,6,...etc ring on the even ports. As long as a hunt group is set up, it will continue to bounce to the open port if not origanally open. Also, on your line programming make sure line disconnect is turned on.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Larry MTI:
If you responded earlier PLEASE respond again since the server seems to have eaten my original issue and your responses.

The problem I am having is that we have a DXP integrated with a Corporate office voice mail and every external call that rings in and gets the auto attendant seizes all eight ports. The active call is really only on one port but the other seven ports stay off-hook for the entire caller's duration.

I have checked the voice mail "seconds of silence to end recording" and it is set for only 4 seconds.

I have noticed that if a voice mail subscriber is inside the office location and calls to retrieve messages, only the port he or she is on is activated.

What else should we look for in order to correct the problem with either the voice mail or DXP?

Thanks
</font>

Are the lines set up to ring all 8 ports of voice mail? All the lines should ring only the first port of voice mail. Your hunt group takes care of ringing the next port if the first port is busy. With the DSU and DSU II systems, you were informed to ring all ports and place 1 = 9990 in one of the files in the VM directory. This is not necessary in the DXP or FX systems.

OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gatman:
Are the lines set up to ring all 8 ports of voice mail? All the lines should ring only the first port of voice mail. Your hunt group takes care of ringing the next port if the first port is busy. With the DSU and DSU II systems, you were informed to ring all ports and place 1 = 9990 in one of the files in the VM directory. This is not necessary in the DXP or FX systems.</font>

After programmin the button as a XVM1 button, what is the correct procedure for the secretary to use for transferring the caller to teh recipient's voice mail box number? I tried setting up a call, pressing the XVM1 button, followed by the recipient's mail box number and the system comes back with the system's main Prompt" If you know the extensaion....blah, blah, blah" I am attempting to transfer the call and get the recipient's personal greeting.

set rings to answer in line information in vm system to 99. this will pool the ringing so only 1 at a time will answer. guaranteed!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,892 Shoretel
188,980 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024