Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
fatboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

Three days ago a couple chips on our CPU board (DXCPU-68k) blew and our phone system went down. Luckily we had a spare board to swap out with the blown one. We took off the top two boards that sit on the DXCPU-68k (memory and service boards?) and put them on the spare to save our config. Everything on that end is good; however, I can no longer access the DXP software. The dip switches are the same and it's hooked up to the terminal PC the same as before.

What's strange is that I can see outgoing traffic - the extension and number being dialed - but I can't get to the welcome screen. If I hit Enter, like I used to do, it just sits there.

Anyone who can help me get into the software will forever be my hero!!! It is showing the date as 1/3/1996 (its 7/14/2004) and the time is way off. I need to be able to change this, as my boss will be on my @$$ soon if I don't get that fixed. Also, when a new employee starts I will have no way of entering them into the phone system.

Thank you so very much,
Patrick

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I have forgotten this before.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

you have to reset your baud rate, info is in the manual, you use the dip switches.
mark

If you see traffic, and I think you mean SMDR
on your PC, then you are connected to port two. Set switch 1 to the left. This will set port 1 to 9600, N, 8, 1. Switch 7 to the left sends the init string to the modem.

fatboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies!!! However, so far I am still in the same position [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] Let me add some stuff to my original post.

"I see traffic," not sure if that's SMDR... what I see is extension number, a one or two digit number, date, time, call length, a one decimal number, and the phone number that was called or a blank space. When I hit Enter, nothing happens.

DIP switches are all OFF (to the right) except for 7. Setting 1 to ON did not change anything.

Would hitting the reset button above the dip switches do anything? It is running in an office that can't be without phones; therefore, I can't lose my current config.

I'm being told that it can be "looked at" for $95/hr... If I heard it can be fixed then we would pay. However, I'm hoping that you may some more suggestions that will help!

Thanks,
Patrick

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I have forgotten this before.
The traffic you see is SMDR (staion message detail record) This should be an easy fix for a tech with the knowledge. Pay the 95 bucks, you won't lose your current config.
mark

I have to agree with markk on this one.

If your are seeing smdr then there are usually two things that can be wrong with the port.
1.The settings on word length, stop bits and parity aren't right: baud rate is because you can see the data coming out and from past experience I have seen stop bits and parity be off and you can still see smdr. You could try playing with those settings to (the transfer of the memory may have corrupted the serial port settings; the cards you swapped were the memory and software and the manual recommends saving and reloading the database; I realize that you couldn't in this situation).
2. The recieve leg of this port could be blown. You stated this was a spare CPU card and it is possible that it had a bad port. You can try access the other port.
There is alot more that a trained tech can try and markk and CMDL_GUY are right that it is best to have them look at it. The econimics of the situation usually favor the guy who knows what he is doing. I doubt very seriously that any vendor would guaranty a fix after hearing that a customer swapped out his own cpu and if he's worth his salt a good tech can have you reprogramed one night after hours if it comes down to that.

Kerry

fatboy Offline OP
OP Offline
markk, CMDL_GUY, and Bigkayeh,

I want to thank you guys for your time and I truly appreciate all your input! Sounds like having someone come out is the best thing to do. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,768
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,453 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (James D.), 116 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024