Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#34387 04/17/06 02:52 PM
OP Offline
HI I am a comdial tech. I was asked to work on an executech. I do not have a manual for this, nor have i programmed one before. Anyone have any ideas where I can find a manual asap? Was the executech called anything else? I looked on the EOL list but no executech. Please help. I have to see this system on wednesday.

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#34388 04/17/06 02:56 PM
OP Offline
Ok I found them under the DSU, how stupid was that. There are a dozen or so manuals. Do they program the same? I only have to program the phone buttons. Can someone give me a headsup? Also I am told every time the power goes out this sytem needs to be reprogrammed. Is there an internal battery or something I could change out? If so where can i get this batter, available at radio shack? I don't work on the older systems. I generally stick to what i know the dx-80 and the fx-II platforms. I am the only comdial tech in my state. So any help would be much appreciated.

#34389 04/17/06 03:20 PM
First off...when you come across an executech..

I'll pm or email you and we'll go from there.

please refrain from product bashing on the open forum, everyone has an opinion, you know the rest of that saying.

Mark

#34390 04/17/06 03:31 PM
Iceydawn, if you still require certified help or tech doc's send me an email or a PM - the executech has a long and durable history and will be easy for you to program. The back up is probably a capasitor on that system, not a battery.
Mark

#34391 04/17/06 03:46 PM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
First of all, the Executech systems were rock-solid. The phones left a bit to be desired since the rubber buttons made people push them a little harder than they needed to be pressed, resulting in premature phone failures. The KSU's were similar to Panasonic's "EasaPhone" name, meaning that regardless of the KSU, it was still referred to as an "Executech".

There are plenty of KSU's that fit the Executech brand name, most were simply named 308, 824, 1432, 2232, 2264 and 2296. Later on, the XE/XL KSU's were introduced with a completely different set of feature codes. Those KSUs were labeled "NO308, NO616, etc. The biggest difference was the color of the KSU itself. If it is ash in color, then it is simply a 308/824/1432, etc. If it's black in color, then it's likely an XE/XL series.

Hopefully, this will point you in the right direction because without an actual KSU model number, the sky's the limit.

Please note that the DX-80 is absolutely nothing close to the Executech system; you are wasting your time trying to match any operational features. They are systems manufacturered by two different factories on different continents.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#34392 04/17/06 05:19 PM
Allright Markk,

Since you edited my post you left me with no other alternative then to make you view this link and suffer through it! wink

laugh

#34393 04/17/06 06:41 PM
OP Offline
Thank you. I will be onsite on Wednesday at 8 am. Or soon there after.It is Alaska Time! It is on the military base, and there are very strict guidlines to gaining access to the base through the gates and i am just going to cross my fingers and hope I am not on some wanted list or banned list. I already sent my info up to be put on some temp list, so hopefully that will go ok.

Barstr I was not product bashing on any of my comments. I read them and reread them and the only thing I could think of you thought I might be bashing was about the executech info being under the DSU and I said how stupid is that. I meant how stupid am I for not taking a closer look in the first place. I replaced a DSU = Executech once and had find some info about it and I should have remembered that. I do not bash comdial products. I acutally like them. I have seen and heard of many comdial platforms in service for 25+ years in alaska alone. If it works, don't try and fix it. I apologize if any comment I made would have sounded as if I bash any comdial systems. Call comdial ask who deals and repairs comdial systems in Alaska. They will give you my company. We are proudly the ONLY company in Alaska that deals and installs these systems. We started installing Mitels too, but that is only because my in laws own a motel, and the sx-200 is what they wanted. So I wanted to be able to work on it. But to this date we have only installed two mitel and couple hundred comdials. Yes we are very small. My company is Creative Communications. I am the only installer.

I would love either one of your guys help and I will defintely pm you or respond to this forum for help. Let me know if there is any thing I could do for you. I just never have stopped to get certified and trained on the older systems because when we started this people were only replaceing the older systems. I got way to busy to stop and learn, and now I have 3 kids of my own keeping me busy and one is very brand new. Still has the new smell!

Thank you for your support and efforts.

#34394 04/18/06 01:40 AM
barster,
I had to look. They are disturbing. OK we're even.

#34395 04/18/06 05:47 AM
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
barster was product bashing..I'm guessing, not you ice. smile
if you look at the post:
mark edited it and was talking to him..not you.

#34396 04/18/06 09:07 AM
I just wanted to exonerate myself here in case someone reading this topic gets the wrong impression...the term 'bashing' is a strong term... what I had stated which was edited out was VERY mild..(I don't use bad language) I just had a bad experience with a Executech being that the customer had three different compatible Executech phones on their system..and I had to re-do all their button mapping for some co additions...and being that they had the three different models-each having different physical button layout...it was a little frustrating. That's all ..no harm no foul. wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,877
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,755 Shoretel
189,833 CTX100 install
187,954 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 139 guests, and 323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024