Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#4093 12/01/04 03:53 AM
OP Offline
Relevant Background:
We currently have a Sprint Protege system (or maybe thats just the phone?) with approx 42 extensions. We have 1 T1 line, which is handling our phone and internet. We have about 8 salesman nationwide with thier own offices. The system is about 8 years old.

Our goals:
A phone system with a much simpler user interface that will hopefully allow us to take a lot of the maintenance internally (switching extensions, managing voicemail, etc) or atleast a system that doesnt require site visits for this.

I've been given the task in assisting in the selection of our new phone system and I'm a bit clueless as to what I even need to be concerned about. I've read a bunch of posts on this site and the consensus is that the installer is BIG part of the equation and I shouldnt be afraid to ask the hard questions. Problem I have is that I dont know what the hard questions are!

Obviously, I'd love for someone to say "<BRAND> is the system for you" but I doubt this is going to be so easy. If there are features I need or systems i should consider or questions I should ask the our local reps, i'd love to hear from you. If you are a local rep, i'd love to hear from you too! Thanks!

--
Dave

[This message has been edited by cheeseroc (edited December 01, 2004).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well.. If you would like to have your remote salesmen be able to connect to your system, you might want to look into at least a partial VOIP solution.
As far as finding a good vendor, I would just ask around. If you are a member of the Chamber of Commerce or some other local business organization, ask some of those people.
Also, a good dealer rep will ask you a LOT more questions than you should need to ask them. That is a good tip-off as to the quality of the dealer. They should ask you a ton of questions about your business and its wants/needs in a system before they suggest a system. They should also be willing and able to explain in depth why their system is superior to others.

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

Dave, You have mail.

------------------
| Telephone Systems | Voice & Data Cabling

CISCO VOIP IS THE WAY TO GO..........

..if you don't need any phone features.

Just kidding! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

[This message has been edited by Coral Tech (edited December 01, 2004).]

contact Capitol, he's in your area and has proved himself on this board many times.
mark

Dave,

I also sent you an email

Chris

------------------
One stop Voice and Data Solutions VoIP

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,445 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 199 guests, and 173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024