Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#424752 12/05/05 02:16 PM
OP Offline
i installed our 100ip demo kit at our office. everything is working ok except for the voip stuff. well it works using the softphone fine (inside & outside of our network). but using our desktop ip phone i get this strange chug chug sound instead of audio. if i dial the vm number (519) and i listen really hard i can faintly make out the vm prompts thru the chug chug sound. i have all of the relivent ports open (hence the softphone works) in the router (a netopia). we have dsl at our office (up to 4Mb down and up to 512kb up) which should be fine for our 2 ip phones. i have tried our desktop ip phone on a different system (another 100) at a customers site and it works fine so i know it's not the phone. what am i missing in order to get this thing working? thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have never heard of that happening on the itp phones can you send me a copy of the audio?

I assume it was tried at different locations in house so that eliminates it being wiring issues. was the soft phone used with a headset and mic? or just laptop speakers and mic. There may be a speaker issue as the mic's on the phones are very sensitive or is this thru the hand set?

sorry for all the questions but I am as stumped as you and was hoping that they might dislodge the crud in my brain or maybe help you see things in a different light.

let us know :bang:

OP Offline
the softphone was used with a plantronics usb noise cancelling headset (not sure of the model right off the top of my head).

cableing isn't an issue. tried straight off of the router with several different patch cords. and thru in house cable (certified to cat5e specs).

i get the chugging on the itp speaker phone and thru the handset too.

i'll see if i can get a recording of it on my cell phone to email. i'll also see if i can get it clear enough so that you might can barely make out the svmi8 prompts.

i'm thinking that the jitter and echo settings won't really help because the audio is really out of whack.

Chris, If you take the network out of the picture and use a little small 5 port switch to connect your IP phone, your MGI, and the MCP do you have the same issue?

Can you authenticate the IP phone to another system from that same network? Do you have the same issue?

Do you see the problem from ITP to ITP or ITP to softphone?

\
OP Offline
the itp phone does connect and log into our system.

the itp phone on our network will log into another system and is fine.

i see the same problem from itp to softphone. itp to idcs18d phones. and from itp to itp.

the mgi, mcp, & vm all are on the little POE switch that came from samsung in the demo kit.

(i don't have the list of ports handy right at this moment) i noticed when i log a itp phone in and make a call, looking at mmc840 the ports are something really high like signal port 54795 and voice port 54796. shouldn't it be signal=6000 & voice=9000? i'm not opening up ports that high in the router.

but then again why does the softphone work fine? it connects to the mcp & mgi card ok.

i've tried changing the dsp from g.729, my jitter is default (20ms), frame count is default (20ms), and tos field is also default (00000000, not that i would know what to change there) on all ip phones including the softphone. all are set to public w/firewall.

i recorded the sound if anyone is interested i can email. pretty small 25k wav file.

your bases are covered Chris but the port issue is odd. You might hook an rs232 to the mgi and do some trace monitoring.

OP Offline
i called samsung today and worked with their support. they said that they have had issues in the past with the mgi cards. they are supposed to send me a new one. i'll let you know after i get it.

that is still odd because the softphone works but good luck anyway

OP Offline
just an update...........the new mgi card arrived and was installed. same problem.

i'm going to default the system AGAIN when i have some time to do it just to make sure it isn't something i did (but again why does the softphone work?).

if that doesn't work then i'm shipping the mcp back.

CODEC setting maybe...I gotta think on this one. When you default the system remove all the cards you can. Maybe just make it a IP setup? Could be the 2x4, DLI or something on the buss causing it???

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,619 Shoretel
189,509 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 159 guests, and 376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024