web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello,

We have a Comdial system at one of the companies I support. The company has decreased in size and no longer needs all the phone lines tied to the hunt. We currently have Ten lines associated to the Hunt Group. The numbers run sequentially from 1630-1639. I had the vendor initially remove two of the lines from the hunt (1637, 1638). Once they were removed the users started having issues with Phone calls dropping and calls not coming in. I had the vendor restore the lines and then remove lines (1634,1635) from the group. We are still experiencing call drops. I am told that the sequence for the hunt has been broken due to these lines being removed.

I don't know where to access the hunt information on the Comdial system. Is there a way to go into VMMI and see what lines are tied to the Hunt group and how to either rearrange their order or remove and readd the hunt lines?

Thanks for your help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I think you are confusing telephone company hunting with system hunt groups. When you have numbers removed by the telco, you need to ensure that they keep the remaining numbers linked together in their hunt group. Keep in mind that this has nothing to do with your phone system.

You will need your vendor to remove these now "dead" lines from the line group (or pool) so that they are not accessed when dialing outward calls.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Hi Ed,

Thank you for your reply.

Ok that makes sense. In speaking with the Telco vendor they are asking me to provide the Hunt Sequence for the lines. Wouldn't Telco already have that information? If not where could I find that information within the system?

I don't think you're going to find anything like that in the system itself. True, they should have records of the lines that they are charging you for, but I've seen many instances where the customer has to literally tell them how they want their numbers to hunt.

Normally, people just remove the last few numbers from the tail end of the list, so in your case, you'd want them to hunt from 1630 through say 1637 and stop.

I seriously doubt that any of this would be causing dropped calls though. Especially since this just started happening when some lines were simply removed.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
That's what I originally did. 1635 and 1639 are dedicated fax lines so I initially had them remove 1637 and 1638. The hunt is setup through the Telco vendor as 1630, 1631, 1638. and so on. So that is not matching. I added 1638 back and then removed 1636 and 1637. Still had the same issues. When talking with the Telco vendor, they stated that the lines in the hunt are not matching whats configured on the PBX switch. If that is the case, is there a place to find this information somewhere within the Comdial system?

Thanks again

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,847
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,657 Shoretel
189,553 CTX100 install
187,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (SSPhone, MooreTel, Yoda), 144 guests, and 254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024