web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Jason Z Offline OP
OP Offline
I just recently purchased a MGI16 for a single cabinet iDCS 500 with M version software(the most recent version) and the card will not even show that it is getting power! Any ideas? I've tried every slot in the system and still no luck :bang:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What is the card layout? How many power supplies? Have you checked out the card MMC to see if the software sees the card?

~ Marty

Sometimes there ARE ghosts in the machine. I use MSN Live, ask me for the addy if you want.

Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

http://www.vernontelecom.com
Jason Z Offline OP
OP Offline
The cards currently installed are 1 16DLI-slot 1, 1 16SLI-slot 3, SCP(with scm daughterboard)-slot 9, MCP(with esm module), and 1 PSU-B. When I connect with OSM it does not recognize the MGI 16-slot 7 in the system. Also I can not find any information for the MGI 16 in the iDCS500 manual only info for the MGI2 and 3

Okay... I'm a little confused. You mentioned you have a single cabinet system, but you then said you had an SCP and an MCP with an ESM. You only need an SCP and ESM if you have a multi-cabinet system. If you do have a multi-cabinet system, you will need L software.

Is this system even working because you make no mention of a trunk card.

Jason Z Offline OP
OP Offline
It is a test/spare system I have in stock. Looking to install the MGI 16 into an existing system that is a L software 2 cabinet system. Card would not work on site and now I am trying to troubleshoot the issue at my location. Suggestions?

In your test cabinet, take out all the cards except the MCP without the ESM.

Also... make sure you have the correct software on the Media Card. The SCP requires L software... that's why I'm suggesting you take it out of the test system.

Put the MGI card in the cabinet and see if it powers up.

You mentioned it wouldn't work at the customer site... could you give more details.

Jason Z Offline OP
OP Offline
Tried with just the MCP and the MGI 16 in the test cabinet and still nothing. Not even any reaction on the MGI leds. At the customer site the MGI 16 would do the same thing no lights and the software would not recognize the card. Could it be a defective card from Samsung?

Yes... it sounds like it might be an out of box failure.

Did you pre-install the card in the system? I don't remember having this problem in an OS500, but I have had a similar problem in an older OS100. It would not recognize the card until I pre-installed it in the database and reset the system.

Do your processors say MCP"2" and SCP"2"? If they do not your system will not support the MGI 16. Also, if they do say "2", do you have at least 2.63 software?

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,768
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,453 Shoretel
188,306 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, James D.), 122 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024