web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello?
Does anyone know why when I plug a Known good SVMI-4 card in expansion slot in a Compact DCS it does not show up in MMC207? Whats the trick please help Im going back in the morning hopefully with an answer.

Thanks
FLdiver

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Are you replacing the card or upgrading the system? Did do a slot pre-install in MMC 8XX?

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
The following is my previous post and no I did not do a slot pre-install...please explain further.

Hello gentlemen I am trying to install a SVMI-4 card in a Prostar DCS Compact. I have installed the VM board in expansion slot 3. The card comes up in as far as I am able to access it via hyper terminal however the status of the ports go to "starting" and it does not change. I have 2 cabinets the existing cabinet and the cabinet that my customer bought with the VM card installed in it. In the cabinet that the card came in the VM works I can call in and get messages so Im certain the card is good both systems have the same rom version. I notice in program 207 in the cabinet that works it comes up with 209 VMAA Port and that makes sense as the card was in the 1st expansion slot in the system it came in in the system Im trying to get the card to work in it says SLI NOT EXIST. Please get back any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
FLdiver

What version of software and was a card ever installed in the slot that you put the SVMi card into? The old DCS systems didn't like to have different cards swapped into previously used slots. The technique I always used to clear a previously used slot was to turn cabinet off, remove old card, turn cabinet back on, do a preinstall on that slot, turn cabinet off and on again without installing a card, do another preinstall on that slot, turn the cabinet off, slide the new card in and reboot. I also seem to remember that this wouldn't work untill I put the old card back in and made sure I started the process from the beginning correctly. Last resort would be to default the cabinet and start clean. That is sometimes better.

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok I did not do the preslot install and I see it now in the book. both cabinets have same software and revision hopefully the preinstall will fix it. Also I have the voice manual install manual both dont see how to default it can anyone help can I just default the voice mail card?
Thanks Again..
Mike

To default the configuration quit application and get to c:/ promt type in default and follow instructions
note no custom promts will be removed and system password wont change either

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
you da man thank you sure...trying it now....

fldiver Offline OP
OP Offline
it seems to be working so its confirmed you are definetely DA-MAN.....

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 50 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024